Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Black Books (UK comedy)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Tintinrulz
#11 · Posted: 24 Mar 2008 01:03
I found Green Wing funny at times but there were just too many sex jokes for me to properly enjoy it. Sure there are some in Black Books, but they're generally more clever and there are less of them.
Although what I've seen of Spaced was pretty decent.
Grey
#12 · Posted: 25 Mar 2008 15:53
Oh I watch Black Books. My favourite episode is somewhere in series 2, "Elephants and Hens" I think is the name. It's where Manny and Bernard decide to write a childrens story, and it was absolutely hilarious.

The story involved an elephant and his balloon. It goes off somewhere, and the elephant looks. It's not behind the rhino. And the alligator's mouth? It's not there either. The monkey has it in the tree, he brings it back. They all drink lemonade. The end!

Anyway, Black Books is very surreal despite in a bookshop. I think that's the reason why I'm so keen to work as a bookseller.
Wendy_Dorothy_Alice
#13 · Posted: 8 Apr 2008 17:49
And then they burn the book because it will make them just TOO rich and famous. I watched that episode yesterday!
jock123
#14 · Posted: 8 Apr 2008 19:50
Grey wrote:
Black Books is very surreal despite being in a bookshop.

Surreal is when you actually are in a bookshop, and you turn around to find out who it is who is standing too close behind you, droning endlessly into their mobile, and you discover that it is Dylan Moran...

I like the one in which Manny is inside the piano, and the others pretend to play...

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!