Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

Help: quoting messages

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

admin
Administrator
#31 · Posted: 3 Jun 2005 11:51
Sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you all.
From what I have been able to find out, the problem is caused by a bug left as a result of recent security-based changes made to Safari; and those security-based changes may have been introduced by a recent operating system update. Now, the bad news: I have not been able to find a workaround that works. :-( I shall keep looking....
Harrock n roll
#32 · Posted: 24 Jun 2005 16:54
From what I have been able to find out, the problem is caused by a bug left as a result of recent security-based changes made to Safari

Yep, I can confirm this. I recently got my laptop back from repairs, just did the Safari update and *Bingo!* the quote feature no longer works!

Edit: Actually I've since realised it was a either a Mac OS X update (10.3.9) or a security update (2005-004) which has caused the problem as I didn't do a Safari update.
tybaltstone
#33 · Posted: 24 Jun 2005 19:21
Chris - I think both those updates (security and OS) often include update code/enhancements for Safari.
Harrock n roll
#34 · Posted: 24 Jun 2005 19:37
Chris - I think both those updates (security and OS) often include update code/enhancements for Safari.

I thought that might be the case. I noticed that the Safari history list within ‘bookmarks’ now has a little symbol of a clock next to each day - they weren‘t there before! All very pretty...

*Update*

I don't know if anyone's noticed but there's been a new java update and security updates for OS X as of 1st July 2005. However, it's not made a blind bit of difference...:/
admin
Administrator
#35 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 12:19
Are Safari users still experiencing problems quoting messages? I hope the problem has been fixed by the recent software upgrade.
tybaltstone
#36 · Posted: 25 Jan 2006 14:10
Are Safari users still experiencing problems quoting messages? I hope the problem has been fixed by the recent software upgrade.

Ooh. Seems to work. Jubbly.

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!