Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin in regional languages: New books collection from Casterman

admin
Administrator
#1 · Posted: 25 Jul 2004 00:34
According to the official Tintin site (27 May 2004), Casterman have released "De Bijous Van De Castafiore" (En: The Castafiore Emerald) in Bruxellois, as part of their new Tintin in regional languages collection.

Anders, our Sweden Correspondent, recently mentioned that he had obtained a copy of Tintin in Brusselian. I guess he must be talking about De Bijous Van De Castafiore.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#2 · Posted: 25 Jul 2004 08:27
That sounds very interesting. I've seen some of the older regional editions, and they feature a small drawing of Tintin at a printing press on the inside and back covers.
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 23 Aug 2004 20:57
Youre are probalbly talking of the book named "Les pinderlots de l 'Castafiore" in Picard language. This book was published in 1980, partially to celebrate the 200th birthay of Tintin publisher, Casterman. Casterman was established in Tournai, a small belgian town, not far (35km) from the French city Lille. The Picard is the regional language in Tournai. Tintin celebrates the birthday of his publisher on the back cover with this drawing at a printing press. You cannot see this drawing on other Belgian regional editions (for other countries, I don't know !). To see the famous drawing, go there :http://users.pandora.be/intertintin/homepage.htm and click on Belgium

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!