Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Political Cartoons: Tintin and Kevin Rudd

sliat_1981
#1 · Posted: 9 Nov 2008 18:42
Ranko
#2 · Posted: 11 Nov 2008 13:19
Hi silat,

Excuse my ignorance but is there a reason Rudd is portrayed as 'Tintin' in the cartoons? (Apart from the appearance) I'm a little slow when it comes to Australian politics.

Cheers.
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 11 Nov 2008 23:46
I'm at a loss. While it's great to have something even randomly related to Tintin in our Aussie newspapers, Rudd's appearance has never struck me as Tintin-like. Maybe it's because he's a little adventurous and reasonably young for a prime minister?
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 12 Nov 2008 05:24
Tintinrulz:
Rudd's appearance has never struck me as Tintin-like. Maybe it's because he's a little adventurous and reasonably young for a prime minister?

I must admit my ignorance in knowing absolutely nothing about Kevin Rudd, except that he's Prime Minister of Australia. I'd seen some cartoons comparing him to Tintin before, but wasn't sure what it was about. Is it partly because of his 'bland', rounded face? I google-imaged some pictures of him and I can kind of see why a comparison would be made.

I seem to remember we had similar comparisons to Tintin and a Tory minister in Britain some years ago (I can't remember who now), but it was something to do with Europe, the EU and Brussels, rather than how he looked.
mct16
#5 · Posted: 5 Mar 2012 23:42
Moderator Note: Moved from another thread…

An article from the Daily Mail comparing politicians to cartoon characters: Ed Miliband is Wallace (of Wallace and Gromit), William Hague is Mr Magoo and Tony Blair is Donkey from Shrek (Donkey may be a pain, but he's not crooked surely?)

Can you think of any politicans who could pass off as Tintin?
Tintinrulz
#6 · Posted: 6 Mar 2012 04:39
Kevin Rudd for one, but he's often depicted as Tintin or Tintin-like in The Australian editorial/political cartoons.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!