Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

"Unicorn" Movie: "Empire" Magazine's exclusive teasers

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

number1fan
#21 · Posted: 8 Nov 2010 21:39
The thing I hate with any Tintin coverage they have to include the History and this is for nearly every article anywhere.Tintin first Adventure was in 1929 and so on and so on.When there's an article on Spiderman or Harry Potter are we given a history? no we are not so why does every article about Tintin have to give a huge history instead of getting more to the point.
Tintinrulz
#22 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 01:33
Tintin is lesser-known than Spiderman or Harry Potter etc. so the journalists probably feel it's vital to give the public some background history, to help educate them. There's no reason to get angry over such a trifle.
Morganson
#23 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 05:59
More images hit the web! Link removed

If you ask me, these look more like Hergé's art than the first ones we saw.

Moderator Note: Far from being unpublished as that website claimed, those are the pictures from Empire magazine’s Tintin feature - they even still have the magazine’s captions on them; it’s a breach of the magazine’s copyright to scan them and place them on the web, so we cannot have links to them here.

The Tintinologist Team
number1fan
#24 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 08:12
Just some scans from Empire Magazine.
Tintinrulz
#25 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 08:19
Especially the third image. Brilliant!
Morganson
#26 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 08:43
number1fan:
Just some scans from Empire Magazine.

To us North American fans, they're new. And that's why I wrote "hit the web" rather than "reveled".

Moderator Note: As stated above, being on the web doesn’t mean that they should be there; please don’t condone piracy by compounding the situation with links. Many thanks.

The Tintinologist Team

Tintinrulz:
Especially the third image. Brilliant!

Yes, I like these a lot. Very Tintin. Captain looks a little "off", though.

Notice that the second image seems to be from a new scene that didn't appear in the album.
Duke Snowy
#27 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 11:14
jock123:
I’ve got to wonder what the benefit of doing the film with 3D CGI models is? By the time you get down to replicating pores in the skin and bobbles of wool on a character’s sock, why not just put an actor in a costume?

I think creating Tintin as an animated film by far increases the chances of success over live action.

In 2010, four of the top grossing movies were computer animated movies (Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, Shrek Forever After, and How to Train Your Dragon). In previous years well-done computer animated movies have consistently been among the top money-makers (Cars, Up, Monsters vs. Aliens, Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E). This is remarkable when you consider how few computer animated films are released compared to live action.

I'm sure these statistics weighed heavily in Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson's minds when they made decision to go with computer animation in lieu of live action for the Tintin films. I think it was the right decision and based on the track record of these other animated films, the creative team behind "Secrets of the Unicorn" and the Tintin source material, I think we have every reason to expect "Secrets of the Unicorn" to be a great film.

This weekend I saw the computer animated movie "How To Train Your Dragon" for the first time. It was a very enjoyable film. The graphics constantly reminded me of the Empire Tintin images: Haddock's hair and the ocean. I think How To Train Your Dragon is the closest I have seen to the Tintin images.
Rocky
#28 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 14:00
Just skimmed through the Empire article and one bit surprised me - the author states that the 60s cartoon version with the booming intro (i.e. Belvision) was a French-Canadian production. Is this true? I had previously thought it was French-Belgian.
number1fan
#29 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 14:11
Rocky:
was a French-Canadian production

that was the 1990's series by Nelvana.
glendale
#30 · Posted: 10 Nov 2010 21:44
Hi fellow Titinologist,
Are any of you able advise or assist with this request please.
I live in Australia and unable to get hold of that December copy of Empire.
The On line has no stock available. Any suggestions please I would love to have a copy.
Many thanks.

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!