Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

number1fan
#31 · Posted: 10 Nov 2010 22:16
Email me.I can get you a copy sent
Rianna Lauren
#32 · Posted: 11 Nov 2010 11:24
number1fan:
Email me.I can get you a copy sent

May I get one, too? Your email is not publicly displayed in your profile, maybe you can put it up there or post it here? Thank you. :)
number1fan
#33 · Posted: 11 Nov 2010 21:19
Drop us an email at Fistfullofdynamite88[at]hotmail.co.uk :)
Tintinrulz
#34 · Posted: 12 Nov 2010 01:19
Hmm... Yes, I'm not understanding why Tron is on the front cover of Australia's Empire magazine and there's no mention of Tintin. It's not like he's not well-known here!
number1fan
#35 · Posted: 12 Nov 2010 09:15
Rianna Lauren I have received the email I should be able to pop it in the post tomorrow.
Rianna Lauren
#36 · Posted: 12 Nov 2010 10:49
number1fan
o_o But I have not emailed you yet. Maybe it was glendale? I'll send you an email right now. Thanks again. :)
number1fan
#37 · Posted: 12 Nov 2010 11:22
Ok I just offered it to Rianna Lauren not Glendale.
Duke Snowy
#38 · Posted: 16 Nov 2010 15:26
I just saw Robert Zemeckis' "A Christmas Carol" which is also motion-capture computer-animation and I noticed something I hadn't realized before. The computer generated characters in "A Christmas Carol" all have facial features of the actors playing the parts. For example, Jim Carrey plays Scrooge, the ghost of Christmas past and the ghost of Christmas present, and you can recognize Jim Carrey's face in each of those characters. I never noticed Jim Carrey's facial features in Robert Zemeckis' "A Christmas Carol" until I saw the actual movie.

One explanation for the differences in facial features of the "Secrets of the Unicorn" characters from Herge's characters, which are evident in the Empire screenshots, might be that the motion-capture is revealing the actors' facial features.

If you compare Haddock's face from the Empire article to Andy Serkis face, I think there may be a resemblance...

Haddock vs Serkis

We'll have to wait for actual "Secrets of the Unicorn" footage to know for sure if the actors' faces show through in the Tintin characters.

Moderator Note: As the images belong to other sites, and not to you, the image links have been changed to straight links to pages on those sites; it is seen as poor form to piggy-back off someone else’s images, as they are bearing the cost but not getting any of the traffic, which presumably they rely on for their revenue.

The Tintinologist Team
number1fan
#39 · Posted: 16 Nov 2010 22:34
This isn't a new process it was also used to make Avatar.The graphics in Robert Zemekis Christmas Carol are brilliant.Can you imagine what's going to happen to film years to come.We wait years and years for a Tintin film in about 5 years time if would of been and gone and have many repeated viewings on TV and discounted DVD's.
Karaboudjan
#40 · Posted: 2 Dec 2010 08:11
My main issue with the CGI is the way they've rendered Snowy, he just looks ... off. Bearing in mind how well people have animated toys, ogres and rats in the past, it's strange that dogs continue to cause problems. I'm not expecting him to look exactly like a real dog, just cute and full of character. This version looks like a weird shrunken bear.

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!