Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

26th September 1946: First Edition of the "Tintin" magazine

jock123
#1 · Posted: 26 Sep 2011 18:15
I just noticed a mention that today is the 65th anniversary of the first edition of Tintin magazine appearing.

Appearing every Thursday, and billed as being for everyone from "7 to 77", it ran until 1993, and carried works by Hergé, Bob De Moore, E.P. Jacobs and Jacques Martin, amongst other luminaries of the BD world.
In addition it was filled with articles, features and photos on subjects from games and hobbies to science and exploration.

Issue 1 had Haddock and Tintin on the cover in front of an Incan statue, and included the first part of The Seven Crystal Balls (an image later revised as the cover of the The Making of Tintin in the World of the Inca book).
mct16
#2 · Posted: 27 Sep 2011 19:21
jock123:
included the first part of The Seven Crystal Balls

For the record - a slight correction:

Although this first comic had scenes of Tintin and Snowy going through the country on their way to Marlinspike (like at the beginning of "Seven Crystal Balls"), they are set towards the end of the story.

Tintin is shown engrossed in a newspaper report of the past events, from the attacks on the explorers to the the kidnapping of Calculus - and misses a small bridge and falls into the river!

In issue 2, he arrives at Marlinspike, to find Haddock in depression over the lack of news surrounding Calculus.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 27 Sep 2011 22:20
Indeed, you touch your marble!! ;-)

I was confusing myself - the scene is mentioned here.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!