Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

"Unicorn" Movie: Sydney preview screening, 24 November 2011

rodney
#1 · Posted: 8 Nov 2011 01:26
Hi All,

I'm somewhat chuffed to be invited to a special Australian screening of the movie on Thurs 24th November.

Here's the information for it.

As I'm in media and know the Paramount Pictures campaign manager he has kindly given me a 2 ticket invite to this exclusive event.

It was quite funny at one of our last meetings. He asked me if I knew of the Tintin movie and if I knew of the background behind this new release.
I rattled off for a couple of minutes about key points etc..

He said 'Well Rod, you sure know your history on this!" :)

I'm very much looking forward to it, here I was thinking I would have to wait until Dec 26th!

Look forward to posting a review in the near future. From what I've heard so far the movie has been well received by movie critics.

Cheers,

Rod
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 8 Nov 2011 01:39
Ah, good on you Rod. I hope you enjoy the movie! I'm an Aussie too. I'm going to see it with a group of friends, December 27.
tintinophile691
#3 · Posted: 8 Nov 2011 12:35
I guess I can join the list as an Australian member of the site. Are you sure this isn't a scam? Still, it's worth a shot. If something like that appeared to me, I would snatch up the offer without a second thought.
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 8 Nov 2011 13:02
Why does everything have to be a scam? There are legitimate preview screenings of movies.
rodney
#5 · Posted: 8 Nov 2011 21:44
tintinophile691:
Are you sure this isn't a scam?

I can understand your possible concern but as I said I'm in media and know Paramount Pictures personally having been to a number of media meetings at their Sydney H/O.
Had this link been randomly sent to my email, then maybe I would be puzzled as to why I've received it but in this instance i have no worries at all!

I just wish I can get more invites to the event!
Paramount has told me it'll be a great night with drinks on arrival and an after party after the screening!
Should be very good times :)
tintinophile691
#6 · Posted: 14 Nov 2011 09:10
Uh, sorry, I must have phrased that incorrectly. What I meant was that if it really was a scam, I would fall for it. That's what I mean - some people like me can be that desperate.
rodney
#7 · Posted: 25 Nov 2011 05:31
I went!

I've been!

I've seen!!

I've added my review in the relevant forum thread!

Thanks,

Rod :)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!