Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Artcurial: Auction of Comic Art in Paris, 22/11/2014

jock123
#1 · Posted: 5 Nov 2014 10:02
The next big Artcurial auction of comic art and related materials takes place in two sessions, on the 22nd of November.

Amongst the lots for sale are several Hergé- and Tintin-related pieces, many of which are estimated to have very high prices.

Of particular interest is the "lost" page from King Ottokar's Sceptre which got some media attention some weeks ago - not "lost", like the page which was dropped from Soviets in early albums, or the "extra" page for Picaros, but just "lost", as in, the owner had forgotten they owned it, it was stuck behind a cabinet out of sight, and they only rediscovered it when looking for the page of Castafiore Emerald which they also owned (I personally am not fortunate enough to have such problems! I can't hope to ever own any original art, let alone to reach a point of being so blasé that I'd forget one of my two original pages!).

The Castafiore page is also for sale, as is a pencil study for the last frame on page 32 in the same book.

A page of pencils for Tintin in Tibet is also expected to attract a lot of attention, and a large sale price.

Another rarity is an unsigned portrait of Germaine Kieckens, Hergé's first wife, by her husband.

There are many other lots by, and related to, Hergé (and other artists), and the whole catalogue is available as a PDF. I must attach a note to this, given our generally "family friendly" policy: some lots (not by Hergé!) are of an adult nature, may not be suitable for all, and are "not safe for work".

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!