Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Anti-Brexit Tintin poster

mct16
#1 · Posted: 21 Mar 2017 13:04
With Britain about to formally announce its intention to leave the EU, it seems that the EU's top Brexit officials have had a poster made called "Tintin and the Brexit Plan".

The poster is in the format of the cover of "Red Sea Sharks" but features the scene in "Crab" when Haddock drunkenly sets fire to the boat; the implication being that by leaving the EU Britain is casting itself adrift and faces a disastrous future - an opinion which, given their handling of foreign policy, immigration and the Euro, could equally apply to the EU!

Link Removed

I wonder what an actual Tintin adventure based on the subject would be like? I don't know which character Tintin would represent, but I certainly would have the European Commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, made to look like Rastapopoulos :)

Note to moderators: showing this poster must be legit given that it is being shown on the website of a leading newspaper.

Moderator Note: Uh, no... Just because someone else chooses to do something dodgy is certainly no excuse to repeat the exercise here.
You've been told before about posting questionable links, and the problems it could get us into, and advised that, if you have any doubts, or perception that something may fall outside our rules, to ask us first.
For accuracy, the image has also circulated for some time on line, so although displayed on a wall in a meeting room recently used for a gathering, the fake book-cover was not, as far as can be told, made by anyone concerned with the negotiations, nor can it be said that it wasn't just on display as an example of the media coverage of the events surrounding those negotiations.

The Disappointed Tintinologist Team
mct16
#2 · Posted: 23 Mar 2017 12:51
The Telegraph has responded with their own cartoon by Christian Adams with Tintin and Snowy leaving the burning boat by using a dinghy (with a little Union Jack on it) and leaving Haddock to his fate.

Whether the burning boat refers to the UK or the EU depends one's own point of view, I suppose.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!