Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Cigars of the Pharaoh: New colourised version of original

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

george
#11 · Posted: 20 Jan 2024 15:42
Thanks for the tip on this. I popped into the Tintin shop in Covent Garden today to get a copy.

Nicely put together, and the Philippe Goddin introduction is actually 16 pages of text and art.

Ordinary I'd disapprove of colourisation but at least it is sympathetically handled, and Herge's line does lend itself to this sort of intervention. I'm sure the Estate will be pleased to have my blessings; I expect a back cover quote on any future editions!

Just a shame that the original version is so hard to get in English.

George
Richard
UK Correspondent
#12 · Posted: 26 Jan 2024 11:48
One other aspect of these colourised editions that makes them worth having is the cleaned up line-art. The black and white facsimiles were reproduced from early printings of the books, which despite adding to the period charm means the image quality is pretty variable. For the colourised editions, the studio went back to the original line-art and the result is much cleaner and sharper. Plate 94 of Cigars (page 99 in the black and white facsimile) is a particular improvement.

I'd love to see restored versions of the black and white editions.
stormcrow
#13 · Posted: 16 Feb 2024 09:22
I bought the digital copy via the app and the quality is outstanding. For me, cigars is one the best albums :)
Rhods1989
#14 · Posted: 11 Mar 2024 13:00
Thanks for the tip off for this - I managed to buy a copy online from the Tintin Shop and it's great. Fantastic quality as always and looking forward to reading it properly soon!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!