Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Anchor Bay: New Tintin Movie DVD box set (Nov 2005)

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#1 · Posted: 31 Jul 2005 14:29
Just spotted on Anchor Bay's website - "Tintin (Box Set)" is planned for release in November this year. Most details are to be confirmed, but apparently it's French in origin, English dubbed, and Region 2.

Update:
I emailed Anchor Bay, asking whether the live-action films would be the subject of the box set. The reply simply was "you may well have hit the nail on the head....". :o)
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#2 · Posted: 31 Jul 2005 19:03
Fantastic news, Richard ! If their reply was correct, then this is absolutely brilliant. I can't wait for them to be released on DVD ! :oD I wonder if the Golden Fleece will be the version shown on TV in the 70s.

Just adding the link for the release :

http://www.anchorbay.co.uk/perl/search.pl?CO=ABD4327
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 31 Jul 2005 20:52
This was rumoured a really long time ago! AB announced about a year ago that they were going to release 2 Tintin films along with a lot of other childrens releases, everything else was released but nothing Tintin.

Excellent news all round, cannot wait to see this! Hopefully AB will give us some good extras

Rik
Muller
#4 · Posted: 1 Aug 2005 02:22
Is it possible they are releasing Lake of Sharks and Prisoners of the sun instead of Golden flees and blue Oranges?

Update:
Posted: Aug 4, 2005 10:01:20
This was rumoured a really long time ago!

Did they say if it was the two live action films or the 2 cartoon films? is it possible they are releasing all 4? since it is a box set?
jockosjungle
#5 · Posted: 4 Aug 2005 19:04
It was a really old upcoming list of Anchor Bay releases, all it specified was two Tintin films were to be released

I think I made a thread about them at the time

Rik
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#6 · Posted: 4 Aug 2005 20:55
While we're speculating that this release might include the live-action films, would anyone else prefer them to be subtitled rather than dubbed? I'm not a fan of dubbing foreign films in general; even when I don't speak the language I like to hear the original inflexions etc. as the director intended. I suppose - and this is only supposition - if the live-action films were to be dubbed it would be to make them more accessible to a younger audience?

Ed
Muller
#7 · Posted: 4 Aug 2005 22:45
why did they never realease Prisoners of the sun officially, since they released Lake of Sharks, it was the same crew that worked on both films.
Harrock n roll
#8 · Posted: 5 Aug 2005 00:33
edcharlesadams would anyone else prefer them to be subtitled rather than dubbed? ... I suppose - and this is only supposition - if the live-action films were to be dubbed it would be to make them more accessible to a younger audience?

I think if it were a choice I would prefer subtitled, although It might be funny to hear the old English language dub they made back in the 60s or 70s. It would be great to have both.

I suppose it is quite likely they would be dubbed - as Ed says - to make them more accessible for kids. I hadn’t thought of the idea of a *new* dubbed soundtrack.

If they were to do a fresh dub perhaps they could even find a part for Laughin’ Len - never did solve that one! ;)
jockosjungle
#9 · Posted: 5 Aug 2005 06:09
They could easily do both soundtracks and a choice of subtitles.

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#10 · Posted: 6 Aug 2005 01:41
I'd personally like to see both on the DVDs, should they prove to be the live-action films. I've never seen - or rather, heard - the English-dubbed version of Tintin and the Golden Fleece from the 1970s, and would be curious to, although I prefer subtitles for much the same reason that Ed argued. For entertainment value it'd be nice to have the original English version included, though. I didn't know that an English dubbing had been done of Tintin and the Blue Oranges, has it ever been broadcast ?

Page  Page 1 of 7:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!