Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Why Tintin is different?

celalli
#1 · Posted: 3 Feb 2006 08:55
Why Tintin is different?

In some topics it has been touched in some ways and I think the majority of tintinologists can easily express the answer of this question in a few sentences. It is my fault that I could not express it exactly.
For a long time I want to express it to myself, put it in words. As the poet’s said in his poem, ‘ I know it but not able to tell it’, I know it (his difference) but not able to tell it.

Why tintin, tintin albums are different?

Because of;

The fearless adventurer Tintin ?(There are a lot of fearless adventurers in other comics)

The homour ?( There is homour in other comics)

The ligne claire style ?( I can not say I had read much of this style comics for comparison, but the ones I read of this style can not be compared with Tintin.)

The strength description of major and minor characters in albums? (We can see this in some other comics.)

The storys’ setting on a strong base? ( There are stories in some others comics setting on a strong base)

The faithfulness of Tintin to his friends? ( The heroes are generally devoted to their friends in comics)

Finding new points each time I reread? (This time I do not remember much comics of which I find a new thing after reading it third time)

The mixture these features and some others I didn’t mention makes Tintin different?

Or is it hard to express it in few sentences?

What is the magic of Tintin?
yamilah
#2 · Posted: 3 Feb 2006 21:17
Why Tintin is different? (...) Finding new points each time I reread? (This time I do not remember much comics of which I find a new thing after reading it third time) (...) What is the magic of Tintin?

Tintin's albums are rather accurate in reflecting the real XXth century, but on the other hand Tintin's 'unique world' strangely teases the wits with illogical data (e.g. ST faults*), whereas asunder data that don't seem patently related actually do haunt the whole corpus (e.g. Indians*).

So much brain teasing with so many intricate complications! Maybe Tintin looks different and magic because it holds something virtual but sensible and intelligent?
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 4 Feb 2006 01:42
Tintin comics are different because (most) of them are very well written and illustrated. The ligne claire style certainly helps, as do the interesting characters. The humour isn't dirty and can at times be quite intelligent. They are very imaginative, yet grounded in reality.

The comics show some of histories most amazing progressions. But ultimately its probably because the adventurer in all of us just wants to capture the bad guys, see the world and help the underdog.
So in the end its possibly a combination of all you have mentioned celalli.
midnightblueowl
#4 · Posted: 4 Feb 2006 14:48
Herge put the most effort into creating Tintin. If 33 Asterix books and countless Asterix short stories, have been produced, won't that effect the quality. Far less Tintins were produced, and Herge spent 2 to 3 years on some of the later stories.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!