Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

What about a Tintin technical manual?

Jorgen221
#1 · Posted: 5 Feb 2006 16:36
I think it would be interesting to see a Tintin-themed technical manual, such as what's been done for Star Wars and Star Trek. Really detailed drawings of the vehicles, machinery and environments, and maybe even how to operate the machines. The Moon-Rocket is a perfect choice of course, but others could be Carreidas' prototype jet, other moon equipment such as the tank and spacesuits, a floor plan of the Sprodj Atomic Center, and the numerous ships seen in the books, including the Unicorn.

Sure, it would be a huge project, but it would be nice to see.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 16 Feb 2006 13:36
I missed this before, Jorgen, but I think you have a good idea there; I always loved that kind of thing, and remember pouring over schematics of things like the inside of a Dalek and the Thunderbirds vehicles in comics when I was younger.

My nephew likes the Alex Rider book series by Anthony Horowitz, and there was a technical manual released for these last Christmas, so I imagine there is a marketplace for that kind of thing
labrador road 26
#3 · Posted: 17 Feb 2006 02:16
That sound absolutely brilliant. A see-through view of the shark-sub, a blue print of the rocket, the chemical formula of the N.14 antidote (if that is possible), a complete list of all the cars, planes, trains and ships from the albums. And a blueprint of the UFO from Flight 714.

I'm not so sure about sticker books, Moulinsart seems pretty hard on who gets an official status, nowdays. I don't want too see some tacky McDonalds toys as with Disney.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!