Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Snowy: Do you find him irritating?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Duke Snowy
#11 · Posted: 30 Jul 2006 16:53
Rajpal said:
Is Snowy irritating? ONLY in the animation series. He just keeps barking every few seconds and even WHEN not required. I love him in the books

I agree with Rajpal's post that the cartoon series missed the mark with its interpretation of Snowy. I consider Snowy's sarcastic comments & penchant for trouble in the books to be a great source of humor and a perfect contrast to Tintin's unflawed character. Throughout the books, the differences between all of the main characters (including Haddock, Thompson & Thomson and Calculus) are what make their interactions so entertaining. I believe Herge did this intentionally and I believe Herge endowed Snowy with a bit of cynicism as an outlet. If a Tintin movie ever materializes, I hope the movie makers figure out a way to faithfully translate Snowy's character to screen.
aliamerjee
#12 · Posted: 9 Aug 2006 17:14
I think I'd go with rajpal on this one.Snowy is a very amusing and pleasant charecters in the seres and has rescued and delivered Tintin from manya bad situation.He also adds life to the fist few adventures.

But don't you find Haddock irritating? (See new thread: "Is Haddock irritating?"
veronbeezus
#13 · Posted: 9 Nov 2006 06:55
I am one of those who initially got attracted to the Tintin series because of Snowy. Every time I find him so adorable i will bend over to kiss my own dog in replacement. The few time when Tintin got into great danger and Snowy cried, i felt my heart aching too! and the time the Captain suggested to desert him after his fall in the moon cave, I almost die thinking how sad would it be for Snowy if he was to be left alone on Moon and die slowly out of Oxygen!
MrCutts
#14 · Posted: 9 Nov 2006 10:36
Tintin without snowy is like a shoe without a foot.

I like snowy, he's a good strong character.
tintin_in_arcata
#15 · Posted: 7 Dec 2006 04:13
I love Snowy!
I agree that he can be annoying in the movies.
Also, I don't think anyone can really understand what he's saying. I mean at the end of Flight 714, Snowy says "I could tell them a thing or two!...But no-one would believe me." Plus, whenever Snowy says anything there are (usually) thought bubbles above his head. I noticed that Snowy talks a lot more in Tintin in The Soviets and Tintin in The Congo.
Jordy
#16 · Posted: 15 Dec 2006 13:31
I love Snowy in the books. I think he makes a great contribution to the story and Herge used it as a chance to slip in a few funny's. However, i am confused when reading the books. It seems to me that sometimes Tintin manages to understand Snowy, or even read his thoughts, and other times Snowy's comments or thoughs go unrecognised. (Sorry, i can't give any examples of these at the moment.) Any else find this whilst their reading?

I don't find him annoying in the cartoon series either. He does bark one too many times in a few epsodes, but overall he's just a bit of fun. His friendship between the two childrens dog in "The Lake of Sharks" was good aswell.

I agree with several other comments about Snowy being a major part of the Tintin adventure series' success. The story's would be bland without Snowy's occasional comment to lighten the severity of some of the situations.
pokemon
#17 · Posted: 30 Jun 2007 10:52
I absolutely love Dogmatix in the Asterix books because he is a real dog.

A dog like dogmatix dosent seem to be in existence in nature but snowy is a real dog-a fox terrier.

i am surprised by this forum idea. snowy is not so irritating as castafiore & wagg are. i agree with MrCutts. tintin without snowy is like a fan without blades
BlackIsland
#18 · Posted: 9 Jul 2007 03:24
Wierd question??
sliat_1981
#19 · Posted: 10 Aug 2007 12:54
Tintin seems to understand Snowy in Tintin and the Congo and Tintin in America, so maybe he can talk.
Mirirocks67
#20 · Posted: 14 Aug 2007 18:27
I don't find Snowy irritating!
He is a very smart dog(better than some other dogs that appear in comics), and, let's face it, if it weren't for Snowy in the first adventures, Tintin could have been a bit boring - imagine the titles: The Adventures of a Young Reporter Around the World. Before Crab, where the Captain appears, the only main character would have been Tintin and the Thom(p)sons, it wouldn't be very entretaining.
Thanks to Snowy, Tintin has avoided danger many times, so he'd be lost without his dog.

I mean, how many times Tintin has been rescued by Snowy, from Soviets to Alph-Art?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!