Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin & Friends: How old are they?

Page  Page 6 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  15  16  Next » 

miloumuttmitt
#51 · Posted: 17 Feb 2006 20:09
Tintin is pretty strong, too.
labrador road 26
#52 · Posted: 18 Feb 2006 00:26
I just read an interview with the Swedish translator Björn Wahlberg, who said he wrote to Hergé just before he died, and asked how old Tintin was?
And the answer he got was the same as stated in the Benoît Peeters book: Tintin is 14 years old according to Hergé, and he should know, I guess.
celalli
#53 · Posted: 18 Feb 2006 06:47
In the topic of Interview of Pierre Rosette with Herge; Who are you Mr Herge? Herge speaks about Tintin's age.

R- How old is Tintin? He didn’t get older but did he change in 50 years?

H- If to say absolutely (Here Rosset says in parenthesis that Herge adores certainity), Tintin became 3 years older in 50 years. It is not to much, of course. At the beginning he was 14, now he is 17...
Tintin and Snowy
#54 · Posted: 3 Mar 2006 21:50
Yes, I beleive that Tintin was 14 in the first few books and 17 in the last few books. I would guess that the Captain would be in his 40s and the Professor in his 50s.
Persephone101
#55 · Posted: 13 May 2006 02:43
[Merged from redundant thread]

I understand in the books many charaters (Mostly Beloved Archie) always calls Tintin a "Whippersnapper" or "Lad" when I know he's an adult. Whats your opinion on Tintin's age? I always thought about Twenty to twenty six maybe.
SingingGandalf
#56 · Posted: 14 May 2006 10:13
Archie) always calls Tintin a "Whippersnapper" or "Lad" when I know he's an adult

They may not necessarily mean he is young, though it does look that way. 'Whippersnapper' could be applied to anyone younger than yourself if they are always rushing here and there. Haddock puts a fatherly attitude to Tintin (in my opinion anyway), so may say 'lad'.
rue du labrador
#57 · Posted: 14 May 2006 22:23
i think hes like a strange asexual teenager ,maybe starting off as 14 and ending up at 18 , hes a cartoon, its not meant to be exact reality , so a hero can drive anything at any age if the auther wants them to.

Moderator Note: Please be careful when typing to check your spelling, and use standard punctuation to help our readers follow your posts!
Harpy
#58 · Posted: 27 May 2006 22:42
I agree with the thing about sending a kid off on a dangerous mission..but then again it is a cartoon, and it was meant for children. So I guess Herge put Tintin in the same age group.

But then again, he looks in his 20s to me..maybe all the adventures aged him a little? lol

I agree with Captain Haddock being in his 30s to 40s, but think Calculus was around the same age. Or maybe in his mid-forties.
Eugene
#59 · Posted: 26 Jul 2006 23:04
Haddock's not actually that old, he's been called a 'young man', like in that weird fishing shop in the Secret of the Unicorn. He may well have aged due to alcohol and tobacco.
ADP
#60 · Posted: 28 Jul 2006 09:35
Tintin's like James Bond; he doesn't get old.

Page  Page 6 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  15  16  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!