Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

"Hergé et les Bigotudos - le roman d'une aventure" (1993), by Philippe Goddin

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#11 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 12:05
Tintinrulz:
Weird. This copy looks like it's a Hardcover!?

It's a paperback - the cover has flaps (like a dustjacket on a hardback book) that fold inside. One of the most interesting books about Tintin I've read & probably the closest we'll get to an unseen Tintin book. As luinivierge says, it has plenty of lengthy dialogue extracts & illustrated sequences not used in any other books.
Rocky
#12 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 14:37
In 2003 I was in London's Covent Garden Tintin shop and asked if they had the French book 'Hergé et les Bigotudos'.
I explained it's an analysis of Hergé's preliminary sketches for 'Tintin and the Picaros'.
They told me they'd never heard of it. I felt a right Charlie!
(I later bought it in the Tintin Shop in Brussels.)
Tintinrulz
#13 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 23:30
Okay, thanks Jock, Richard and Rocky. I think I might buy it from Amazon.co.uk
I just hope the shipping isn't too much.
Tintinrulz
#14 · Posted: 13 Dec 2011 08:21
Me again. For those of you who own a copy of Hergé et les Bigotudos and can freely access it, what proportion of the book would you say is dedicated to what became Tintin and the Picaros and what became Flight 714 for Sydney?
50/50? 80/20? Thanks again.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!