Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Ignorant people say "Tin...Tin?"

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Triskeliae
#31 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 17:55
Ooooo Kay.
I'd rather let people decide for themselves. That's what Tintin would do anyway.
IvanIvanovitch
#32 · Posted: 18 Jul 2008 22:16
Tin Tin, TinTin, RinTinTin, etc. It's a plague in my society! I can count on one hand the people I've met who recognise him, let alone pronounce his name correctly. As for where he's from (a Belgian comic strip, translated from French, from the 1930s), I usually garner some strange looks. It isn't embarrassing, though. Just another attribute of Tintinology, one that amuses me.
Blistering barnacles
#33 · Posted: 23 Aug 2008 08:54
Maybe there having a tick or somin or they have been so starved of the awesome series that has a cool guy in it called Tintin and even reading what you peoples have been saying about the............*sob* *cry* *omg* dog thing called Rintintin that i have been very sceared and im going to hide my self in my bed be back in min................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... ...................................................................... .........................................................*cry* bad people that say Tintin Tin tin so i say Billions of blue Blistering Barnacles
cigars of the beeper
#34 · Posted: 23 Aug 2008 20:04
You shouldn't take it that hard. Just correct them when they say it wrong.
Tintinrulz
#35 · Posted: 24 Aug 2008 03:06
You can write Tintin as 'Tintin' in a forum, but still many people will write it as Tin Tin. I ask you!
cigars of the beeper
#36 · Posted: 25 Aug 2008 12:59
I don't know why they do it.
ZGDK
#37 · Posted: 13 Oct 2008 18:59
Everyone always mistakes it for Rintintin which I think is such a stupid name. Hopefully the new Tintin movies will cause an interest in Franco-Belgian comics.
Katherine
#38 · Posted: 18 Oct 2008 06:29
ZGDK:
Hopefully the new Tintin movies will cause an interest in Franco-Belgian comics.

Yeah, no kidding. Maybe then I'll stop getting the weirdo looks whenever I have to explain who Tintin is. Something like, "You actually bother to read a comic from Belgium of all places??"
Harrock n roll
#39 · Posted: 18 Oct 2008 16:06
On page 125 of the b/w version of The Blue Lotus the first frame shows a large trunk with a label stuck on it which reads "TT (Tintin) Europe" (thanks to Mikael Uhlin who pointed this out!) So, since his initials are T.T., perhaps his name really is Mr. Tin Tin and 'Tintin' is actually a nickname...? ;-)

Slightly off-topic, but regarding 'Rin Tin Tin';
I was just looking at Rin Tin Tin's official site (traitor!) and discovered that before he was a dog he was a puppet! The name came from one of two puppets (called Rintintin and Nénette) that were created by Poulbot, a French humourist, just before the first world war. The puppets were sometimes given to American soldiers during the WWI as good luck charms. Actually, since Rintintin was originally French it's quite possible that both he and Tintin share a common source; Benjamin Rabier's Tintin-Lutin cartoon from the late 19th century. Anyway, just a thought...
cigars of the beeper
#40 · Posted: 19 Oct 2008 17:52
Very interesting, Harrock.

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!