Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

The Captain and Castafiore: Are they secretly in love?

Page  Page 5 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

cigars of the beeper
#41 · Posted: 18 May 2008 16:12
The thought of Alcazar trying to light his cigar during the wedding, as Jeeves said, is hilarious. Although, maybe Peggy would just elbow him because she also wanted one!

tintinagalog
tintinagalog wrote:
Well, it's like "how do you know I was only joking?"

I knew you were just joking because people around here don't go insulting each other.
Jeeves
#42 · Posted: 18 May 2008 22:32
Yes! I can definately see both of them in tuxedos smokings cigars during the ceremony
cigars of the beeper
#43 · Posted: 19 May 2008 23:43
Peggy wearing a tuxedo? That would be strange.
Jeeves
#44 · Posted: 20 May 2008 03:27
Can you picture her in a formal dress?
Little Mijarka
#45 · Posted: 2 Jul 2008 00:03
I know this has very little to do with Bianca in particular, but I came across this and I think this is the best place to put it.

In the English version of The Calculus Affair on pg. 5, row three panel two, where Jolyon Wagg and Captain Haddock are examinging the broken mirror, Wagg comments: "Oh! Had a tiff with the wife, eh?" The Captain replies, "I...it was probably the lightning." Why didn't he just say, "Uh, I'm not married?" Perhaps it was just because the whole situation with Wagg was ridiculous enough already.

This is also the album in which they meet Castafiore. Coincidence? Probably.
I just thought it was a curious, though probably useless, passage I came across.

Also in Calculus on pg. 1, the Captain claims he wants peace...

But I wonder: Do you think the Captain and Bianca could have a peaceful, happy, lasting marriage? Or do you think it would end?
cigars of the beeper
#46 · Posted: 2 Jul 2008 16:18
Little Mijarka:
This is also the album in which they meet Castafiore

Actually, Tintin had met/seen her in two places already. He met her in the car on the road to Klow in King Ottokar's Sceptre, and he and Captain Haddock attended one of her performances in The Seven Crystal Balls. The Calculus Affair was just the first one in which Captain Haddock met Bianca.
Little Mijarka
#47 · Posted: 2 Jul 2008 19:34
Oh that's right! That's the direction I was trying to get at: that the Captain met her then and Wagg mentioned "wife." Do I feel stupid!

But like I said, it was just an odd, funny little tidbit I thought might go here.
cigars of the beeper
#48 · Posted: 3 Jul 2008 16:24
It's all right. Everyone makes mistakes!
Blistering barnacles
#49 · Posted: 15 Jul 2008 08:41
This is a funny forum haha look i laughed,I think it would be funny to see anything like this happen but some thing tells me that the captain would get worked up and destroy the happy part of the day because bianca would start singing. On that subect does ayone think she sounds alright in the DVD's¿¿
Blistering barnacles
#50 · Posted: 15 Jul 2008 08:43
OH NO SOZ I SPELT SUBJECT WRONG!!!!!

Page  Page 5 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!