Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

The Captain and Castafiore: Are they secretly in love?

Page  Page 7 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Balthazar
#61 · Posted: 27 Jan 2009 12:00
Voluma
When my stepdad married my mum, his friends hired speedboats. They managed to sink one somehow. I think Tintin could do a better job than that...

I don't know about that. Tintin has a pretty appalling record for crashing vehicles, boats and aircraft that he's acquired. If Tintin hires, borrows, or - more likely - pinches your car, boat, bike or plane, the chances are you'll never see it in one piece again.

If I was hiring out speed-boats to stag parties, I wouldn't let Tintin anywhere near one. Or I'd at least adopt the wise policy of the fisherman in The Black Island and make him buy his boat outright.
Voluma
#62 · Posted: 27 Jan 2009 13:38
Balthazar:
Tintin has a pretty appalling record for crashing vehicles, boats and aircraft that he's acquired. If Tintin hires, borrows, or - more likely - pinches your car, boat, bike or plane, the chances are you'll never see it in one piece again.

Oh, you have a definite point there. But I was thinking more along the lines of a more spectacular method of detruction than sinking.
Balthazar
#63 · Posted: 27 Jan 2009 14:10
Ah, I see what you meant now. I wrongly thought that by "better job" you meant a more responsible job of driving a speedboat, rather than a more spectacular job of wrecking it!
Voluma
#64 · Posted: 27 Jan 2009 14:37
It's a mistake anyone could have made. =3
NikkiRoux
#65 · Posted: 28 Jan 2009 06:04
In The Castafiore Emerald, there was one part when Bianca, I think, criticised the Captain's shirt and hair. The next day, and for the rest of the time Bianca stayed at Marlinspike, he went around in a suit and with shiny hair.
Voluma
#66 · Posted: 29 Jan 2009 16:53
Ah, that's why I love Tintin. So subtle. :) When I noticed that I was so happy...
Ladybird
#67 · Posted: 6 Oct 2011 04:46
I’ve always thought that there was something going on between them. Haddock says he went to the music hall 16 times to see the whiskey into water trick. Yeah right, we all know he went to see Bianca but was too shy admit it to Tintin!
dreamgirl
#68 · Posted: 8 Jul 2012 00:46
Aaah... Imagine Captain.Haddock propose Bianca !

Captain : err....well....Bianca....
Bianca : what is it captain Fatstock ?
Captain : not now i think...err...
Bianca : just say it captain...
Captain : will you marry me ? ( face blushes )
The crowd : WHAAAAT ??!!! Captain propose her?!!!!!
Bianca : Misericordia ! I do !!
Gayboy
#69 · Posted: 5 Mar 2013 18:13
Personally this is just me...

I don't think the Captain would propose to Bianca at all. Professor Calculus would be a more appropriate partner for Castafiore. I would just prefer the non romantic versions which don't choose either side. Non romantic Tintin and Haddock seems to be the main medium which everyone can agree on.

However...
The only person I think is right for Haddock would be Tintin himself, or Captain Chester. I know I'm going to get flamed, but to me Tintin and Haddock are perfect each other, but the good thing is we can all have our universe as we like it.
gorfdota
#70 · Posted: 4 Nov 2013 16:25
As regards those present at the party, it would have to be the creme de la creme of the jet set, with some quite unsavoury characters thrown in (wasn't Bianca portrayed by the press as being engaged to such stalwart international citizens as the Marquis de Gorgonzola and Colonel Sponsz?) Kareidas for one would certainly be invited but I can't tell if he'd turn up or no. Dawson looks like another probable invitee, while Bohlwinkel wouldn't be out of place.

I can also imagine Bianca assuming that the Captain has proposed to her, with the Captain doing nothing of the sort, but being too chivalrous to take back the misconstrued offer.

For giving the bride away, it has to be royalty. Bianca would accept nothing less, so the likeliest candidate has to be King Muskar XII. And on the subject of royalty, the page boy will be no other than his Royal Highness, Prince Abdullah.

All in all, it will be, as Signora Castafiore put it, quiet, intimate affair, for a few select friends only. A mere 5.000, I would expect.

But I somehow can't imagine our beloved Bianca having children, especially since Tempo di Roma run that article about her real age

Page  Page 7 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!