Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Syldavian and learning Marols or Marollian

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Mustafa Umut Sarac
#21 · Posted: 30 Jun 2017 21:44
Hello there,

Visit below site with Google Chrome and use Google translate.

Long time since I first posted but I found an extremelly good website which
contains below list where all google translatable.

First , Marollien - French dictionay which is ready to google translate in to all major languages in the world. Dictionary contains hundreds of words.

http://www.humoeurs-bruxelloises-brussels-zwanze.com/diskionnaire-brus seleir-francais.html

Second, Marollien detailed and historic etymological dictionary which contains very detailed analysis , stories , different uses , history and close matched.

http://www.humoeurs-bruxelloises-brussels-zwanze.com/diskionnaire-etym ologique-des-mots-et-expressions.html

Third, Marollien expressions where there were hundreds of examples.

http://www.humoeurs-bruxelloises-brussels-zwanze.com/diskionnaires-des -expressions-bruxelloises.html

Fourth , 700 Marollien insults.

http://www.humoeurs-bruxelloises-brussels-zwanze.com/diskionnaire-des- insultes-bruxelloises.html

Umut
Istanbul
Mustafa Umut Sarac
#22 · Posted: 10 Sep 2018 21:42
This link contains a 400 pages (public domain) eBook[/url], containing a Marollien - French dictionary, and etymological dictionary, of insults and expressions

This link is more or less the same, but to a Marollien - Turkish version.
Josaphat
#23 · Posted: 27 Nov 2020 17:35
Hergé was brought up in a French-speaking household but in Brussels.

His made-up languages and insider jokes are often based on either Flemish (Vlaams) or the patois of Brussels, namely "Brusseleir".
Thus for example, from The Broken Ear, on page 52, frame 6:

Walker: Nokho!... Wete douvan ète?...
This last bit in Vlaams is "Weet jullie iets van" ("Do you know anything about it?").

Then, when he Chief replies, he speaks in Brussels' French:

Chief: ... Kwafêrh?. Which is the French "Quoi faire?" ("What shall we do?")
Mustafa Umut Sarac
#24 · Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:52
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HSakaVXXGH2YdhKJvWcOnOR3CnLTadRE/view?usp=sharing

I worked hard tonight and prepared marollien dictionary , expressions , insults , etymological dictionary in to ENGLISH translation pdf.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
Istanbul
jock123
#25 · Posted: 10 Dec 2020 14:57
Mustafa Umut Sarac:
I worked hard tonight and prepared marollien dictionay

It's an amazing amount of work you have put into the subject! Well done!
Mustafa Umut Sarac
#26 · Posted: 10 Dec 2020 15:59
jock123
jock123:
It's an amazing amount of work you have put into the subject! Well done!

Thank you very much indeed, its great to hear back. English translation done by DeepL, Its extremelly high quality output and book grade.

Funny , my marollien to turkish translation has been sold by some stranger.

Its time to buy grammaire bruxellloise - simple et complete.

Than I will write an english grammar on marollien here. I need least one month.

Best wishes and take care , Happy Christmas!

Umut
Istanbul
snowybella
#27 · Posted: 10 Dec 2020 23:55
Congratulations - the dictionary looks very interesting!

Good luck on the next project!
Mustafa Umut Sarac
#28 · Posted: 5 Jul 2021 23:19
Good news again,

My sister bought me forgotton - lost in time, marollien grammar book in french. Scanning is over and I will OCR each page one by one and than translate in to english tomorrow 06 day/07 month/2021 night, than will upload to google drive and than link to here.

Other project is to run conlanging software on to syldavian corpus and to syldavian corpus's translation in to languages of french, german, marollien, czech, hungarian, flemish, dutch, spanish and russian.

I will try to put everything in to one file and computer and try to take out new unknown syldavian corpus.

Let me be faster this time. This will be very interesting experience for me and you.

SOFTWARES ARE HEREBELOW

All-purpose software

PolyGlot by Draque (Conlang creation software with dictionary, auto conjugation functionality, grammar guide, and recordable sound examples)

Word generators

Vulgar: a Language Generator by Linguistx (full version available for purchase, free contains full grammar and 200 words, full contains much more customizability and 4000 words)
awkwords by Imploder
Wordo Word Generator by Matthew Martin (web-based version of WordBuilder)
Gen by Mark Rosenfelder
Atlas (an International Auxiliary Language tool)

Downloadable to run offline

Lexifer by William Annis
Logopoeist by Logan Kearsley

Sound change appliers

Vulgar: a Language Generator - has a robust sound changing tool in Advanced Phonology > Phonological Changes
Versatile Sound Change Applier (VSCA) by MUBA
Geoff's SCA Version 0.8 by bricka (Geoff Eddy)
Haedus Toolbox SCA by Samantha McCabe
SCA² - Zompist's SCA, Version 2 (can be used online)

Vocabulary managers

Lexique Pro

Syntax tools

RSyntaxTree

Corpus analyzers

frequencies.pl by Jim Henry -- finds frequency of words and phrases in one or more text files
The Frequentizer by Jan Strasser -- finds frequency of phonemes in a text corpus

Translation exercises

Arthaey Angosii's collection of translation exercises
Graded Sentences for Analysis
Sentences to Test Conlang Syntax (a selected subset of the above)

Other

X-SAMPA to IPA to CXS converter
XIPA X-SAMPA to IPA converter created by Aevas, Boardlord at the CBB
The Derivizer by Jan Strasser -- assists in coming up with derivations and compounds
relay-scheduler.pl by Mark Reed and Jim Henry -- tool for finding optimal sequences for conlang translation relays, based on people's preferences about what conlang to follow/precede. Needs work to find optimal dates based on when people are available, as well.

Umut
Istanbul
Mustafa Umut Sarac
#29 · Posted: 16 Jul 2021 20:26
French:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BuIQbEWSVgCrWmHCp-Xzo0vMCHRoOLaU/view?usp=sharing
English:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XbWHptDfkfuSCoHL2H__VMr5fy3PSzBG/view?usp=sharing

Sera de Vriendt's french book Bruxelloise, Simple et Complete, or say in english Marollien Grammar has been translated in to English from French by DEEPL. Find french one also to compare pronuncuation lists and other needs.

This is a book , extreme hard to find and it is shared for research and advertisement purposes as same as youtube rules and was impossible to read by english readers.

Happy Learning !

Mustafa Umut Sarac
Istanbul
Mustafa Umut Sarac
#30 · Posted: 16 Jul 2021 22:17
Josaphat:
Hergé was brought up in a French-speaking household but in Brussels.

His made-up languages and insider jokes are often based on either Flemish (Vlaams) or the patois of Brussels, namely "Brusseleir".

Your post is excellent. Thank you.

I am understanding now , sound analyze software must know the dutch , french and marollien pronuncuation and play with them. I will ask to conlanging groups.

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!