Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

General Alcazar and his wife, Peggy

miloumuttmitt
#1 · Posted: 12 Oct 2004 01:20
Alcazar is a very odd and moody character, I have noticed. He looks different in every book (tall and stocky with a round nose in Broken Ear, thin with a large stubble ammount in Seven Crystal Balls, etc.)

Also, Alcazar speaks in a Spanish accent only in The Red Sea Sharks.

I've been wondering this, too: What is Alcazar's first name?

And, in Tintin Et Moi, someone says that Peggy has some sort of position in the Ku Klux Klan or something like that.

It all leads to Alcazar being a mysterious character with a possibly shady past.
rastapopoulos
#2 · Posted: 12 Oct 2004 09:29
miloumuttmitt wrote: And, in Tintin Et Moi, someone says that Peggy has some sort of position in the Ku Klux Klan or something like that.

Herge was inspired to draw Peggy from sketches of a secretary for a Klu Klux Klan spokesman, on a T.V programme he was watching. He must have thought the Secretary had the right look for Peggy's character.
Furienna
#3 · Posted: 14 Feb 2019 21:59
miloumuttmitt:
I've been wondering this, too: What is Alcazar's first name?

In "Picaros", he signed a letter to Peggy with the first name Lazor.
RicardoOlcese
#4 · Posted: 14 Feb 2019 22:14
Furienna
In the Spanish version, he signes the letter as Zazar. Which is probably a cute nickname based on his surname. I always thought his name was Tiburcio. Tiburcio Alcázar. But I can't find any reference to that at the moment.
RicardoOlcese
#5 · Posted: 14 Feb 2019 22:56
And by the way, if the hidden reason of this thread is to smear our beloved President and the First Lady by associating them with the Ku Klux Klan, please know you're wasting your time. Here in San Theodoros we're tired of all the Tapioquistas-bots, who try to influence our public opinion by spreading lies about General Alcázar. Nobody has done so much for San Theodoros as General Alcázar is doing. So, if you're a paid supporter of Tapioca, stop doing politics behind a computer from Borduria and have it clear that your tyrant, coward Tapioca, will never return. ¡Viva Alcázar! ¡Viva la Revolución! ¡Muera Tapioca, muera Pleksy-Gladz! ¡San Theodoros libre, independiente y soberano!
Shivam302001
#6 · Posted: 15 Feb 2019 13:54
RicardoOlcese

He signs off his letter as 'Zazar' too in the English edition, and most probably in French too?

I had read in the official site that Peggy is the daughter of Basil Bazarov, an arms dealer in the Broken Ear who corresponded with Alcazar.
Furienna
#7 · Posted: 15 Feb 2019 17:58
Right... I guess that we have to blame my mistake on my difficulties with reading cuesive writing. Because if you say it's "Zazar", it probably is.
RicardoOlcese
#8 · Posted: 15 Feb 2019 18:19
Furienna
Perhaps in your edition it really says Lazor. Is it Swedish?
Furienna
#9 · Posted: 17 Feb 2019 14:37
Yes, I read it in Swedish. But I rather believe that I made a mistake, not that our translator would make up some first name for Alcazar.

Too bad, because it would have been interesting to learn Alcazar's real first name.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!