Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Following Tintin's Travels: Which locations shown in the books have you visited?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

tintinsgf
#11 · Posted: 7 Jul 2012 14:11
dreamgirl:
Jakarta ?

To be precise, I went through the old Kemayoran airport runways, which is now a famous main road in Kemayoran. My father said that when we passed through the road, he told me than the road used to be an airport runway, judging from its width and construction. It's a sad thing I haven't been to Belgium or some other places Tintin had visited aside Jakarta, but well, I suppose this is the closest place I could visit :|.
dreamgirl
#12 · Posted: 7 Jul 2012 14:17
Balthazar

Thanks....
I dont know about that....
It was a helping info...when i read the book again i realized that its true....
Thank you !!
Mikael Uhlin
#13 · Posted: 7 Jul 2012 16:19
Jyrki21:
Some locations in the series are disguised (such as Château Cheverny) while others are represented as what they actually are (such as the pyramids of Egypt). Which Tintin locations have you been to?

The Land of the Soviets - it wasn't Moscow but Leningrad, and it was in the summer of 1991 while the country still was the USSR

Cointrin Airport in Geneva (in 1992)

The Eiffel Tower - twice, both in 1977 and in 1986

And I've been outside the actual Château Cheverny (in 1977).

Well, that's about it :-(

Oh yes, I've also arrived in Britain with boat and left with airplane (like Tintin did in Black Island), and I've bought a model of a ship at a flea market! It's a ship named Falcon, but so far I've only seen one copy of it.
I've also left the African continent via airplane, although it wasn't the Congo.

I've also seen the sun, the moon and shooting stars, but I guess most of us have :-)
calculite
#14 · Posted: 10 Jul 2012 22:18
I've seen:
Chicago-Before I read Tintin in America, actually!

Delhi- I've been in the city, and saw Qutab Minar, too, like Tintin and Haddock did!

Scotland's coast- Don't know if this technically counts, as Scotland has many coasts, but close enough

Sussex- My cousins leave near there, so I've been there quite a few times

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment. The one place I truly want to go is Congo. Until then, I'll just keep trying to travel to Tintin locations!
MezzCalculus
#15 · Posted: 14 Jul 2012 01:41
Places I've been to...
As a 100% European, of course,
I've :
-- been to Brussels, and enjoyed small streets resembling the celebrated "rue du Labrador" ;
-- made some acquisitions in the Marolles area's flee market (but my wallet resisted all attempts)...
-- visited the Chateau de Chenonceau, plus the very well structured annex to the Castle (nearby the estate's kennel), which shelters pretty good stagings of Tintin's most famous episodes...
-- passed through Geneva's airport (arrival side, and departure side !) but didn't get much outside of the city...
-- climbed the Eiffel Tower (and, of course, couln't help thinking : "that pendulum tells me He must be in a very high place..." !)
I wandered...
-- in Ostende
-- along the black coasts of Scotland, the white cliffs of Dover, and the (so melancholic) countryside of Kent county, much alike the landscapes of Surrey...
-- in Saint-Nazaire, and La Rochelle...

Then, in a bold move :
-- roamed (while I was "on the road"...) through Bombay, Dehli and New-Dehli, around the Pyramids (near Cairo), and into the small villages of Congo.
That's all I can remember, related to our young quiffed reporter...
SakuraT5
#16 · Posted: 15 Jul 2012 17:25
New Delhi and Katmandu
SakuraT5
#17 · Posted: 15 Jul 2012 17:26
Gaipajama does not exist in India. I would consider it to be a replacement of some place in Maharasthra.
Mikael Uhlin
#18 · Posted: 15 Jul 2012 20:40
SakuraT5:
Gaipajama does not exist in India. I would consider it to be a replacement of some place in Maharasthra.

In French it's called Rawajpoutalah, but I don't think that exist either.
Frozen_Dream
#19 · Posted: 16 Jul 2012 23:58
Brussels & Antwerp, Belgium
Delhi & Bombay, India
Cairo, Egypt
Jakarta, Indonesia
Paris, France
Geneva, Switzerland
hadtins
#20 · Posted: 2 Jan 2014 12:04
India, Kathmandu

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!