Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: How to get people Interested in the books?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

mct16
#11 · Posted: 28 Aug 2012 05:04
Lend him a couple and tell him to read them in his own time. Tell him that they do not take long and that he might be pleasantly surprised.

Try to get him to read the books that might appeal to his particular tastes. Does he like any particular type of fiction like science-fiction (in which case the moon books or "Flight 714"), espionage ("Calculus Affair"), crime fighting ("Black Island", "Crab"), detective stories ("Broken Ear", "Unicorn"), or political dramas ("Ottokar", "Picaros")?

If all else fails, tell him you're finished! ;)
Furienna
#12 · Posted: 28 Aug 2012 17:07
ireallylovetintin:
Well my parents think Tintin is weird. Everyone else does too, but I read it anyway on my kindle.

Why would they think "Tintin" is weird? I guess those people just haven't given it a chance.
ilovetintin
#13 · Posted: 31 Aug 2012 20:25
mct16
thanks for the tips anyway!! ^^
JolyonWagg45
#14 · Posted: 13 Apr 2013 19:45
Blistring_Barnacles
My exact situation. :( Usually people have seen the movie or commercial and not read the books and they say it is stupid. I get so irritated sometimes because the small minded creatures of today cannot grasp the immense BRILLIANCE of Herge and Tintin. I've basically given up explaining.
number1fan
#15 · Posted: 16 Apr 2013 09:22
I would introduce them to people the same way i was introduced to them.If you show people the animated series from the 90's then watch a few of them then introduce the books.It worked for me.
marlinspike hall
#16 · Posted: 4 Nov 2013 20:50
I have a suggestion, and it worked on my one friend so I hope it will help anyone else in need of one.
Have the person watch the movie (the 2011 one) before reading the books.
Again, I'm not sure if it'll work with anyone else, let me know if it does!;)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!