Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Has Tintin ever made you cry?

tintinlover
#1 · Posted: 26 Mar 2014 08:12
Hi guys.
When I read Explorers on the Moon I felt like crying at one part, and I really did.
I want to know if others are like me too or not?
Ranko
#2 · Posted: 26 Mar 2014 17:40
Which particular part?

I can't recall any of the books making me cry. However, Frank Wolff's sacrifice did leave me feeling a bit misty eyed when re-visiting the book years later. I guess that comes with an adult understanding of life and death and the choices some people feel they have to make regardless of outcome or effect on others.
tintinlover
#3 · Posted: 27 Mar 2014 07:59
That's the exact part - me and one of my friends cried too.
Just wanted to know if others are like this as well?
down0417
#4 · Posted: 22 May 2014 04:02
Oh my gosh, yes, I cried at the part were Wolff made his sacrifice... Such a hero!
MaxBird
#5 · Posted: 25 May 2014 20:03
I felt shocked and a bit sad myself when I read Explorers on the Moon. Wolff is one of my all time favorite characters.
dupont804
#6 · Posted: 3 Jun 2014 21:49
Yes! Every time I read a Tintin book, watch the movie or look at my collection, I realise that I'll never quite be like him, and that does, quite literally bring a tear to my eye. Am I the only one? Surely not!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!