Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin books: animal violence

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Karaboudjan
#11 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 16:43
Yes. Wolff asked him how that poor animal could possibly do him any harm; Jorgen replied that he might make trouble later.

And later, Archie calls them "Monsters! Vivisectionists! Torturers!"- or something similar
OJG
#12 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 16:48
Wolff asked him how that poor animal could possibly do him any harm; Jorgen replied that he might make trouble later.

And later, Archie calls them "Monsters! Vivisectionists! Torturers!"- or something similar

I think this shows that Hergé and co. were wholly against such cruelty.
Tintinrulz
#13 · Posted: 13 Jan 2005 23:59
Archie? You've got the wrong comic series! This is the adventures of TINTIN.
nestor
#14 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 00:58
And don't forget Jorgen knocking out Snowy!
and then kicking him down port-hole and letting him fall from a great height! that bit makes me wince everytime i read it!
jayesh_gokhale
#15 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 12:20
Hi miloumuttmitt,

Just curious - Are you a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian?

Jayesh
Karaboudjan
#16 · Posted: 15 Jan 2005 12:30
I always call Haddock Archie... *shrugs*...
Because I'm very fond of him, I guess.
Tintinrulz
#17 · Posted: 15 Jan 2005 12:53
Oh, sorry. As in Archibald (picaros adventure) got it.
Thought you were reffering to Tintin for some odd reason.
miloumuttmitt
#18 · Posted: 16 Jan 2005 05:49
Non-vegetarian. I don't go THAT far.
OJG, do you really think it is okay to hurt a disobedient child? Speaking of which: Land Of Black Gold, page 51, frame 5.
admin
Administrator
#19 · Posted: 16 Jan 2005 19:57
Now, now, let's not be tempted to see naughty children as untamed animals: please start a new thread if you wish to talk about the treatment of misbehaving youngsters in Tintin; if you do so, please provide a link back to this thread.
OJG
#20 · Posted: 16 Jan 2005 22:14
OJG, do you really think it is okay to hurt a disobedient child?

No I don't think it's OK to HURT them, as in harm them, but it can sometimes be necessary to cause them DISCOMFORT to act as a disincentive to do it again.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!