Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Moon Rocket - fiction or reality?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

wench
#21 · Posted: 9 Dec 2005 17:43
Greetings all!
sorry i've been away for so long. things seem to get very busy very quickly!
Anyhoo, i've had the first draft marked an handed back, and on it was written:
"This has HUGE potential - I look forward to seeing the finished thing."
so a big CHEERS to all of you for your help so far. i will let you know when i have a finished thing!
jock123
#22 · Posted: 3 Jan 2006 11:18
Just came across a link to this site; I can't comment on the quality, as I haven't the time to look through it, but it may be of interest to those who have followed this thread.
wench
#23 · Posted: 3 Jan 2006 16:07
I've had a quick flick through (Cheers, jock123), and it looks pretty good, certainly from the mechanics point of view. I can't guarantee all the maths is accurate, but it looks reasonable to me. Still going on the project - but it isn't finished yet.
wench
#24 · Posted: 23 Jan 2006 10:20
Should be finished by the end of this week, so I will post the text here when it is done (apologies if any of the equations don't appear right!). Cheers all for your help. Much appreciated.
YYZ
#25 · Posted: 27 Apr 2006 04:15
Nuclear submarines (and other vessels that must remain enclosed, yet support human/animal life for long periods) must have "scrubbers" that remove the CO2 & cigarette smoke and thereby allow the atmosphere to remain breatheable.

To be precise (to quote the Thom[p]sons), on pg. 35 of Desitinaton Moon, item #27 is "AIR PURIFIER", which in this context one would assume would mean a CO2 scrubber, as well as particulate filters, dehumidifiers, and so on.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!