Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin in Tibet at the Young Vic on DVD?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Grey
#11 · Posted: 22 Feb 2008 18:40
I happened to see Tintin in Tibet at the Young Vic recently on a school trip just 2 days before it ended (It was enchanting).
It would be great if it came out on DVD, because the effects were "WOW!", and it would increase popularity of Tintin aswell.
Rocky
#12 · Posted: 25 Feb 2008 12:28
I think Jock123 has hit the nail on the head:
It is probably a matter of rights as much as anything; if it wasn’t in the contract at the start, my guess is it would be a nightmare to organize now.
As well as being a nightmare to clear all the rights, it would mean a cheap DVD is impossible as so many people would have to be paid.
Sapristi
#13 · Posted: 25 Feb 2008 17:57
It'd be a shame if it wasn't released on DVD. Me and my mate went to see it at the Lowry Theatre and it was utterly brilliant! Even some of the staff at the theatre that weren't fans told us how much they enjoyed it. I would love to see it again.

I suppose writing to Moulinsart rather than the Young Vic would be the best bet as that's where the rights would be, but then it depends if they could and/ or would want to release it before the new films come out.

Live stuff does get to DVD (The League of Gentlemen, & The Mighty Boosh shows are two examples that come to mind) but yes, if it wasn't originally in the contract, it would be near impossible to sort out. Pity.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!