Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: Casting discussion

Page  Page 10 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  9  10  11  ...  15  16  Next » 

jockosjungle
#91 · Posted: 1 Apr 2006 17:08
Animals, especially one that will have to be super-trained as Snowy, are very temperemental to work with. Especially since Snowy will be in most of the scenes. An animal can easily mess up a scene and destroy a whole days work.

Also Snowy does quite a lot of dangerous stunts so animal rights protesters will be up in arms

Rik
SingingGandalf
#92 · Posted: 1 Apr 2006 20:21
Also Snowy does quite a lot of dangerous stunts

Just use CGI or models for dangerous things. I hope Snowy won't be like Scooby Doo though, not really looking like a dog but realistic.
labrador road 26
#93 · Posted: 1 Apr 2006 22:26
I hope Snowy won't be like Scooby Doo though, not really looking like a dog but realistic

Probably more like Gollum/Smeagol in LOTR if Weta does the effects. Though I believe that there will not be a movie.
71N71Nfan
#94 · Posted: 14 May 2006 12:05
Has anyone re-looked at the kristen myburgh link??? It has a gallery and everything now!
Tintinrulz
#95 · Posted: 14 May 2006 12:54
Hmmm... Even in the Tintin get-up he still doesn't look much like Tintin to me. Need someone with more of a baby face.
SingingGandalf
#96 · Posted: 14 May 2006 13:16
the ultimate Haddock has to be Steve Halliwell, otherwise known as Zak Dingle in UK soap "Emmerdale

My nan watches that, and I saw it. Yes, he would be absolutely perfect for the role. He looks and acts like him. Although unfortunately I don't think he'll get the part unfortunately, if he even auditions. He's not a household name (the actor I mean, the character is fairly well known). He'll need to lose the Sheffieldish accent though. Captain Dingle!
rue du labrador
#97 · Posted: 14 May 2006 22:30
i would like to see an actor who is actually tintins age , or very young looking , around 15-20 no more.he also has to be buff because i think tintin is buff.
SingingGandalf
#98 · Posted: 15 May 2006 15:50
he also has to be buff because i think tintin is buff

!!!??? Where did that come from!!!???
Of course, film makers will go for the attractive appeal, like they will probably go for the cute appeal with Snowy. Tintin will probably be the appeal - somehow I don't see Haddock or Calculus bringing in the ''s*x appeal''
lintondrums
#99 · Posted: 1 Mar 2007 11:30
Hello Folks,

Does anyone know of any celebraties or actors from television or film that resemble characters from tintin.

I have got one how about Zac Dingle from Emmerdale and Captian Haddock

Moderator Note: You will find if you do a forum search that the comparison has been made before, so your post has been moved to here.
You also really shouldn’t link to make images from other people’s sites appear here; it is generally regarded as being unfair and bad nettiquette, as it uses their bandwidth, which they are paying for. Making a link which people can follow would be better.
The Tintinologist Team
alicelights
#100 · Posted: 12 Mar 2007 15:23
Skut: (on Stephen Fry)He's right physically for the role, and can summon up the necessary volume and bluster for Captain Haddock. He is also a fan of Tintin, which would be a bonus.

MY GOSH, you are right.

I had never thought about Fry in this kind of role because, as tybaltstone says, he's very calm.
Though, he is a good actor - perhaps he could convince us that he looses his temper easilly?

Page  Page 10 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  9  10  11  ...  15  16  Next » 

This topic is closed.