Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: Casting discussion

Page  Page 11 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  10  11  12  ...  16  Next » 

advnarayan
#101 · Posted: 30 Mar 2007 04:10
Hope Spielberg wil give a role to Mr. jean Pierre Talbot, at least a cameo in this movie. Talbot played Tintin in BLUE ORANGES and GOLDEN FLEECE. i got with me the actors email ID and address- wonder whom i should contact to give this address.
LongLiveRock
#102 · Posted: 8 Apr 2007 01:33
I think we should cast some actor from a Disney Channel or Nickelodeon show as Tintin, just to get kids to see it!
LongLiveRock
#103 · Posted: 9 Apr 2007 23:53
No Tom Hanks as Captain Haddock, what if he is and his son, Colin plays Tintin!
tintinspartan
#104 · Posted: 15 May 2007 13:45
Post moved by moderator

Now, I went to various site concerning Tintin's Hollywood jump to stardom. I found out that a battle between Pierre Larden and Gregory Smith(best known to star in Everwood)to star as the voice of Tintin. Larden confirmed that it was him that will star as Tintin. Gregory Smith gave out no comments on this.

Well, what type of hoperazzi is Larden trying to do. Showoff? Well, who's the best fit for Tintin? Well, I'm a bit worried of this.

Moderator Note: tintinspartan, please do not keep starting new threads for topics which already exist; if you continue to do so, you may have to be put into pre-moderation.

Also please could you try and stick to standard English words and spelling as requested - it is hard to see how people can answer your questions if you don’t - for example, what do you mean by hoperazzi?
toddly6666
#105 · Posted: 20 May 2007 22:20
Well, if a Tintin live-action movie came out, not using CGI, than the least annoying, innocent, but tough young actor can only be played by:
SHIA LaBEOUF
http://i3.tinypic.com/wat6ix.jpg

Shia LaBeouf is not only a good actor, but he's also pretty popular with Speilberg right now, who cast him in Transformers (produced by Speilberg) and Indiana Jones 4 (directed by Speilberg)
BlackIsland
#106 · Posted: 25 Jul 2007 02:12
I am not concerned with the actors as much as if they screw the story up. Everytime they switch the media from the books to screen/cartoon it never does well. A lot gets lost in translation.
cafe_noir
#107 · Posted: 26 Jul 2007 23:58
I have always thought that the actor Michael Elphick would have made a great Captain Haddock. He had the very same scowl as in Hergé's drawings of the captain and his performances in The 'Elephant Man' and 'Withnail & I' alone are proof enough for me that he would have been great casting as Haddock. Unfortunately he had a real life battle with the booze and died at the age of 55 in 2002.
tintinagalog
#108 · Posted: 30 Nov 2007 05:08
Spielberg must discover the Tintin theatre actor this yuletide, Russel Tovey. I think he can justify Tintin's persona in looks, in dictions, and agility. For Captain Haddock... I'm in favor with Robin Williams who voiced effectively in Disney's Aladdin, and his portrayal in Jumanji (or, if Chuck Norris is still strong and comical enough to be Tintin's sidekick...he looks like Haddock anyway), Rowan Atkinson for Thomson and Thompson, and Katie Bates of Titanic for La Castafiore.

EDIT Posted: 30 Nov 2007 05:21:03
Here are some 'expert' opinions on Russell's performance (taken from http://www.freewebs.com/russell_tovey):

FROM THE BRITISH THEATRE GUIDE - "This production contains two of the country's finest young actors, Russell Tovey who did so well in The History Boys ...Russell Tovey, giving off the impression of a young Michael Caine, certainly looks the part with costume and hair exactly like that of the original model."
"The colours and the costume design are just perfect ... best of all Russell Tovey's Tintin, his hair dyed a chestnut brown and finished in the famous quiff, his ears prominent but not overly large."
"Russell Tovey is perfect as Tintin; he has a London accent and so avoids the effete received pronunciation of the 1950s. He is innocent and detached. His stance is an accurate depiction of the cartoon and time and again the drawings come to life."
"Russell Tovey’s ginger, London geezer Tintin will not be to everyone’s tastes but his performance exquisitely portrays the inner turmoil the burnt-out boy reporter is feeling as he faces an impossible task trying to find his best friend who has crashed on a Tibetan mountain."

FROM THE GUARDIAN ARTS CRITIC - "Russell Tovey's Tintin has a boy-scout earnestness and quiffed charm."
"As Tintin, 23-year-old London actor Russell Tovey brings a touch of grief and melancholy to his stubborn - and successful - search for Chang who he refuses to believe is dead. "

Hopefully, he will be the best Spielberg pick for the film.
jock123
#109 · Posted: 3 Dec 2007 10:46
Spielberg must discover the Tintin theatre actor this yuletide
I think that while Russell Tovey played Tintin in the previous production there is another actor in the role now.
You might also need to consider that the movie is going to be an animated 3D movie, so the question of casting isn't quite so central as it was when this thread started...
Tintinrulz
#110 · Posted: 3 Dec 2007 13:22
Goodness, this Tintin movie news is more covert than the 'Cloverfield' movie viral marketing?
When do we get some concrete details?
I presume they will be aiming for a PG rating?

Page  Page 11 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  10  11  12  ...  16  Next » 

This topic is closed.