Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: Casting discussion

Page  Page 7 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  6  7  8  ...  15  16  Next » 

Jyrki21
#61 · Posted: 24 Nov 2004 04:33
As the best known Belgian action actor around, I think Jean-Claude Van Damme needs a cameo. :)
jock123
#62 · Posted: 24 Nov 2004 07:55
Jyrki21
I think Jean-Claude Van Damme needs a cameo. :)

He could play Marlinspike...
Richard
UK Correspondent
#63 · Posted: 27 Dec 2004 18:43
I've found the perfect Captain Haddock. Forget Tom Hanks, the ultimate Haddock has to be Steve Halliwell, otherwise known as Zak Dingle in UK soap "Emmerdale". He isn't just like the Captain, he *is* the Captain. English accent, bulbous nose, right hair and beard, spends most of his time in a flat cap - only one step to a sailor's cap.

And a belated Merry Christmas to everyone, and an early Happy New Year !

Edit : this is a photo of Steve Halliwell - seems the perfect Haddock to me.
Tinsith
#64 · Posted: 16 Jan 2005 01:05
For those of you've who've seen shaun of the dead, I'm curious to know if you agree that Shaun could play Tintin. If you haven't seen it, here's a picture:
http://www.indielondon.co.uk/img/shaun_deadAV.gif
He'd have to shave of course.
OJG
#65 · Posted: 16 Jan 2005 22:11
He looks pretty good for the role other than a bit too old I'd say.
thmthm
#66 · Posted: 17 Jan 2005 01:29
I was recently watching Adam Sandler's Happy Gilmore (yes, I know, its not something one wants to admit)
He plays a golfer in the film and his caddy (the first one with the blond hair...or wig) in there looked like he could be perfect for tintin...whatever the case - it definitely should NOT be an A list star...not that there are any looking like tintin...I dont think
Jyrki21
#67 · Posted: 17 Jan 2005 02:03
He plays a golfer in the film and his caddy (the first one with the blond hair...or wig) in there looked like he could be perfect for tintin

Believe it or not, I went to high school with that guy in Vancouver. :) His name is Jared van Snellenberg, and he was a couple years younger than me... (All of Happy Gilmore was filmed on a golf course called Northview in suburban Vancouver).
Harrock n roll
#68 · Posted: 17 Jan 2005 07:28
Tinsith: For those of you've who've seen shaun of the dead, I'm curious to know if you agree that Shaun could play Tintin. If you haven't seen it, here's a picture:
http://www.indielondon.co.uk/img/shaun_deadAV.gif
He'd have to shave of course.

The possibility of Simon Pegg playing Tintin stems from when he was interviewed on Jonathon Ross' show (another Tintin fan) last year. I didn't see the show but I believe the question came up a number of times so it's possible he was approached at some point.

One problem I can see apart from the stubble is that, as OJG says, he's far too old!

Richard Forget Tom Hanks, the ultimate Haddock has to be Steve Halliwell, otherwise known as Zak Dingle in UK soap "Emmerdale"

Perfect, Zak Dingle has my vote!
OJG
#69 · Posted: 17 Jan 2005 11:39
I've found the perfect Captain Haddock. Forget Tom Hanks, the ultimate Haddock has to be Steve Halliwell, otherwise known as Zak Dingle in UK soap "Emmerdale". He isn't just like the Captain, he *is* the Captain. English accent, bulbous nose, right hair and beard, spends most of his time in a flat cap - only one step to a sailor's cap.

I can happily say I have never seen Emmerdale but judging from the picture, I agree that he'd make a good Captain Haddock.
maximus
#70 · Posted: 18 Jan 2005 09:00
Hi,

Seeing all these posts, I wanted to share with you this link: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/455/455290p1.html (the article was put on the net on October 16, 2003, pretty old one).

I am not sure whether this movie will be produced/not. But, let's hope that Tintin will hit the market again (ofcourse, in the 'Herge' way).

Cheers,
Maximus

Page  Page 7 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  6  7  8  ...  15  16  Next » 

This topic is closed.