Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: Casting discussion

Page  Page 8 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  7  8  9  ...  15  16  Next » 

thmthm
#71 · Posted: 18 Jan 2005 18:02
Too bad for Van Dam....
but when you have him in a movie, people will automatically make an immediate opinion of the quality of the film - havent his last 10 movie been straight to video?
add to that the fact that America already knows little about tintin...
he could've maybe had a small role (under heavy makeup)
but if I were the director, no way...
jock123
#72 · Posted: 18 Jan 2005 23:52
There is no way that the story can be accurate - J-CVD is too savvy an operator to ever think that he could play Tintin!! He's a middle-aged, Belgian martial arts star who I'm sure wouldn't want to be thought to be up for the rôle.

I could believe that he is anxious to get a part in the franchise (I'm sure every francophone actor is brushing up their CV at the moment) - I think he'd be a good Alcazar...

This has the ring of a bogus story either dreamed up on a slow news day by a tabloid hack, or it is just a leg-pull!
Frankymole
#73 · Posted: 28 Mar 2005 14:37
Ewan MacGregor was on Parkinson last week, with a very Tintin-like haircut and general look. With his somewhat youthful/innocent yet virile image, could he be the best actor available to play Tintin in a new movie?
OJG
#74 · Posted: 28 Mar 2005 20:13
I think Ewan McGregor looks too old to play Tintin.
snafu
#75 · Posted: 29 Mar 2005 00:31
Anyone who can play Tintin must be able to play anybody since our hero is an any-person. Is there anyone who has been known to play different types of roles?
Clopin
#76 · Posted: 18 Apr 2005 22:44
I read somewhere that Gregory Smith (Everwood) was slated to play Tintin. That's funny, because I originally thought that his brother Doug, also an actor(Out There, also on an episode of CSI Miami as the son of an art dealer) , should play Tintin.
Charles
#77 · Posted: 10 May 2005 00:39
What about Hugh Laurie as Tintin, Steven Fry as Captain Haddock!
jockosjungle
#78 · Posted: 10 May 2005 06:11
Much too old

Rik
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#79 · Posted: 16 Jul 2005 18:57
The Evening Standard on July 8th reported a rumour from an "insider" that Jamie Bell is set to play Tintin, directed by Billy Elliot's Stephen Daldry. The contact says that "they will be making the film in LA in two or three years' time". However this couldn't be confirmed by Daldry's spokesman.

Ed
jock123
#80 · Posted: 16 Jul 2005 20:06
I’m sure I’ve seen Jamie Bell’s name mentioned in the past, so it could be that it is just one of those “put enough names on the casting conveyor belt, and one of them will be bound to come up” news-paper things.

However, he is the right sort of look and build, I think, and as he has a part in the new Peter Jackson-directed King Kong, his star may be on the rise for such a project; added to which, the Stephen Daldry connection is something I definitely haven’t heard before.

Page  Page 8 of 16:  « Previous  1  ...  7  8  9  ...  15  16  Next » 

This topic is closed.