Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 11 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  10  11  12  ...  64  65  Next » 

tintin_in_arcata
#101 · Posted: 30 Mar 2007 04:33
Here's what I think about the Tintin movie:
The Tintin movie is what every Tintin fan has either hoped for or dreaded.
It (obviously) will not do justice to the books,
but I will definitely go see it (if it ever comes out).
After all, I'm a Tintin fan, so why not?
Tintinrulz
#102 · Posted: 30 Mar 2007 05:23
It (obviously) will not do justice to the books,

Why do you say that? Its possible that it will do justice, but I think you meant to say, 'don't think it will be as good as the books.'
tintin_in_arcata
#103 · Posted: 31 Mar 2007 04:07
I'm not just trying to bash the Tintin movie, Tintinrulz.
You're right, "I don't think it will be as good as the books," but even if it is good, it can never portray Tintin the way Herge did.
Captain Chester
#104 · Posted: 31 Mar 2007 16:46
it can never portray Tintin the way Herge did.

I think that is because everyone has a different concept of how Tintin is portrayed in the books.

CC
x35
#105 · Posted: 8 Apr 2007 20:22
I would love to see a faithful animated adaptation of the albums, but I'm terrified with the thought of a new generation of fans only imagining Leonardo DiCaprio or some other Hollywood actor when they think of Tintin. Undoubtedly, Tintin is worthy of the homage that is a film, but I'm concerned that the filmmakers' idea of Tintin will detract from Herge's vision. Even though we all have different perceptions of details in Tintin (i.e. what his voice sounds like), I think everyone on Tintinologist.org understands the main themes and emotions of Herge's work. That a massive money-obsessed corporation like Spielberg's production house does as well, I'm not sure and I seriously doubt.
number1fan
#106 · Posted: 19 Apr 2007 16:06
I have said it all along it should be Animated
tintinspartan
#107 · Posted: 5 May 2007 20:54
Well, I was reading some comments on another fan club site and found out something humiliating about the films. Tintin Animated flims from Belvision were a complete failure on the box-office. Well, with the Hollywood Tintin Movie in pre-production(scouting for stars) stage, we shall not tolerate a very bad Tintin film and I hope Speilberg will make a good storyline for this one or he'll be a bullseye target for displeased Tintin fans and Tintinologists.
number1fan
#108 · Posted: 10 May 2007 15:56
People shouldnt bad mouth the belevision cartoons even though they wasnt a hit at the box office there good in there own respect for something made in the 1960's and early 70's Spiderman 3 is a box office sucsess but i hated it and if a tintin movie does comeout i hope it comes out like the asterix and the vikings movie not to much publicty becuase to much publicity can ruin some things simply ingrediants for a good tintin movie
1-Animated Movie
2-90 mins long
3-dubbed in to every laungage it can be dubbed in to
4-Keep it european and dont Americanize it
5-Steven Speilberg No a french director someone with a passion for tintin who wont americanize it
tybaltstone
#109 · Posted: 15 May 2007 08:48
Some news:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117964927.html?categoryid=10&cs=1

Spielberg, Peter Jackson... and CGI.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#110 · Posted: 15 May 2007 10:09
A very exciting development, thanks Garen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6656635.stm

Ed

Page  Page 11 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  10  11  12  ...  64  65  Next » 

This topic is closed.