Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 34 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  33  34  35  ...  64  65  Next » 

Bachibouzouk
#331 · Posted: 23 Apr 2009 15:32
You may be right. But in that case, they will have to add a lot of things in Red Rackham's Treasure ; because for a book, it's perfect, but I doubt it could work as a film. Not a lot of action and pretty linear.
jock123
#332 · Posted: 23 Apr 2009 16:57
Bachibouzouk:
Not a lot of action and pretty linear.

I don't know - the underwater stuff with the diving suit and the shark, and the shark sub stuff could be great in 3D!
However I imagine that they will have a plan to fill the void though; from what he says in the article, Mr. Jackson would appear to be firmly of the opinion that none of the albums would be substantial enough to support a movie in its own right.

So (my speculation this - nothing in the Empire piece) what about making the island portion of the treasure hunt more like the one in Flight 714, without the UFO ending? It would pad things out, and give a more substantial mystery to the island, before heading back to Marlinspike for the finale.
number1fan
#333 · Posted: 23 Apr 2009 22:20
Now the film is going to merge The Crab with the Golden Claws with The Secret of the Unicorn which can be done.How long will this film be will it be avaliable in a extened version with about 3 hours extra as was Lord of the Rings.Now it makes sense that Allan and Ben Sallad are in the movie aswell.
Tintinrulz
#334 · Posted: 24 Apr 2009 02:20
Tintin have an extended edition? I doubt it. Think about it. Lord of the Rings required that much extra content, Tintin stories do not. They're much simpler and nowhere near as long. A quality 2 hour adventure is probably more what we're looking at. I'm just confused as to why Red Rackham's Treasure isn't to be included in the movie? It would make sense.

I've pre-ordered the 20th Anniversary Empire edition.
number1fan
#335 · Posted: 24 Apr 2009 06:18
So it gets the go ahead for the sequel. if Friday the 13th can get 11 sequels, Tintin should have no trouble.
Balthazar
#336 · Posted: 24 Apr 2009 11:50
Tintinrulz:
I'm just confused as to why Red Rackham's Treasure isn't to be included in the movie? It would make sense.

I'm sure it will be. It's just that The Crab with the Golden Claws, the Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure would be an awfully cumbersome title for a movie!

Presumably The Secret of the Unicorn was felt to have the best ring to it as a single title for the whole film. And my guess is that they'll make the Crab with the Golden Claws part more integrated into the Unicorn story, so that the whole thing becomes Haddock's story arc from drunken wretch to rediscovering his family fortune and ancestoral home, and with the baddies from the Crab - particularly Allan - remaining at large as baddies throughout the Unicorn and Red Rackham story. This could enable more Flight 714-style fighting and adventure on the island, as suggested by Jock.

And maybe the Unicorn models and the treasure hunt will be more woven into the Crab's plot, with the Bird Brothers being connected to Ben Salaad's gang, so that it all becomes one story throughout.

I'm just guessing!
number1fan
#337 · Posted: 24 Apr 2009 13:41
I aint got much time but in this movies edition of movie magazine Empire theres a six page spread on the new tintin movie ;)

Moved from another thread

Moderator Note: Ah, this gets confusing Terry, as you seem to have already contributed to the Empire speculation discussion going here, before starting the thread about the magazine - you've not got a time-machine have you? Anyway, read back a couple of pages and you'll see that the topic is already being discussed! Thanks for the heads-up anyway!
jock123
#338 · Posted: 24 Apr 2009 16:09
number1fan:
So it gets the go ahead for the sequel

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there!

In cold hard commercial terms, it’s quite a good move on the part of the film-makers to make the adventure work over two movies: if the first film is a smash, you get a built in second bite of the cherry, with a built-in audience. If the first film doesn’t set the box-office alight, then it is harder to stop the second film as it could be argued that the completion of the second of a two-part adventure will make the first film more valuabe in subsidiary markets like DVD and TV.

Balthazar:
maybe the Unicorn models and the treasure hunt will be more woven into the Crab's plot, with the Bird Brothers being connected to Ben Salaad's gang, so that it all becomes one story throughout.I'm just guessing!

Sounds like a pretty good guess to me - you’re not really Steven Moffat are you?? ;-) ;-)
number1fan
#339 · Posted: 24 Apr 2009 18:53
I just thought this will be paraodied in one of them take the mickie films Hmmm.Damn them if it happens.
Morganson
#340 · Posted: 5 May 2009 11:29
I'm surprised to hear that Red Rackham's Treasure will continue into the second film, but I'm glad - The Crab with the Golden Claws + The Secret of the Unicorn + Red Rackham's Treasure would be a bit much for one movie! I'm not so sure about combining Flight 714 with Red Rackham, though. Flight 714 is one of my favorite albums, but doesn't seem to go with Red Rackham, in my opinion.

Has a third film been confirmed yet. I know early on it was said that this was going to be a trilogy, but that theory seems to have died somewhat. If they do make a third film, I hope it's based on The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun.

Page  Page 34 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  33  34  35  ...  64  65  Next » 

This topic is closed.