Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 49 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  48  49  50  ...  64  65  Next » 

Morganson
#481 · Posted: 31 Oct 2010 08:14
"Some news about the film will come soon! (early in November)."

That's what it said on Tintin's official Facebook page ("like" it - if you haven't already).

Harrock n roll:
Or the second film might be Rackham on it's own. Or perhaps they just haven't announced all of the cast yet and Calculus will appear in the first film.

I think it's the later. I've read that Peter Jackson is going to be adapting The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun for the second film.

UPDATE!: First teaser images released!

Empire Online has revealed first teaser images from the film! Apparently the full image will be released Monday.

Finally!
jock123
#482 · Posted: 31 Oct 2010 16:40
Good find, Morganson! The Empire seem to have been cagey about exactly what these images were to promote, but Tintin.com are linking to them, and giving links on their Facebook page, so it’s definitely our reporter and his dog!

A new piece has gone up since you posted (jumper and shirt collar).

Moderator Note: A new thread has been spun off to allow full discussion of the new Empire coverage, both online and in the magazine.
BlackIsland
#483 · Posted: 1 Nov 2010 19:21
My big worry is the adaptation. Herge never meant for these books to be realized in movies. For those of us used to the rhythm of the books I hope it is not a disappointment.
jock123
#484 · Posted: 2 Nov 2010 00:32
Yes, as well as being open to the approach by Spielberg, it has been reported that very early on Hergé contacted Walt Disney directly, to see if there was any chance that Mr. Disney would be interested in making Tintin-based cartoons; he even sent Disney a collection of the albums. Disney wasn’t interested, and went as far as to return the books.
BlackIsland
#485 · Posted: 8 Nov 2010 14:14
I just really wonder how well this will translate from comic to film especially with the pacing of it all.
number1fan
#486 · Posted: 8 Nov 2010 14:22
Well I reckon the film will only be 90 minutes long but there cramming 4 books into one film.The Crab with the Golden Claws and The Shooting Star must be told as flashbacks.
jock123
#487 · Posted: 8 Nov 2010 16:54
number1fan:
The Crab with the Golden Claws and The Shooting Star

I’m not certain what you mean - The Shooting Star surely isn’t a part of this film, is it?

I’d also think that the chances are that the meeting of Haddock and Tintin will be rolled into the main thrust of the tale, rather than being a flash-back. Hopefully they will be expending quite a significant effort on the tale of Red Rackham and his battle with Sir Francis, so to insert a second flash-back would seem to stretch things a touch.
number1fan
#488 · Posted: 8 Nov 2010 21:30
jock123:
I'm not certain what you mean - The Shooting Star surely isn't a part of this film, is it?

Sorry - originally The Shooting Star was going to be combined into this but appears not to be now. I still thought it was.
But thinking about it Crab is a whole film in itself: it's a great story.
Tintinrulz
#489 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 01:27
90mins long? I seriously doubt it. If they're going to do the double-album adventure and incorporate elements of The Crab with the Golden Claws, it will have to be 2 hours long, if not more.
Morganson
#490 · Posted: 9 Nov 2010 08:37
I don't think Red Rackham's Treasure will be part of the second movie since it's been all but confirmed it will be part of the first one. Here's a break-down of the films:

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn is based on The Crab with the Golden Claws, The Secret of the Unicorn, and Red Rackham's Treasure.

Peter Jackson says the second film will likely be based on The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun - two of his favourite albums.

And Jackson says Destination Moon and Explorers on the Moon would make a good third or fourth film (if they get that far).

Tintinrulz:
90mins long? I seriously doubt it. If they're going to do the double-album adventure and incorporate elements of The Crab with the Golden Claws, it will have to be 2 hours long, if not more.

Hopefully it's longer then 90 minutes, yeah.

Page  Page 49 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  48  49  50  ...  64  65  Next » 

This topic is closed.