Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 53 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  52  53  54  ...  64  65  Next » 

jock123
#521 · Posted: 7 Apr 2011 12:53
laloga:
I think Jacksonville, FL would be a FABULOUS place

Err... I'm sure that's fourth on the list... ;-)
Richard
UK Correspondent
#522 · Posted: 9 Apr 2011 09:03
The official Tintin Facebook page has an update today saying simply 'Prisoners of the Sun. A second film...'
Morganson
#523 · Posted: 9 Apr 2011 09:14
Anthony Horowitz says says he's writing Prisoners of the Sun. He also confirms that Jackson is directing and suggests that the sequel could come out as early as next year - but only if the first one's a hit.

For those unfamiliar with Mr. Horowitz, he's a YA author best known for his spy series Alex Rider. He also happens to be one of my favourite authors so this is pretty exciting news for me.
jock123
#524 · Posted: 16 Apr 2011 10:01
A mention of Secret of The Unicorn in a fairly general USA Today article, discussing filmakers who work in both live-action and animated movies:

Live-action filmmakers cross over to animation
glendale
#525 · Posted: 27 Apr 2011 02:13
http://wp.me/pmJ7T-JS
Has anyone seen this new bit of info?
"Tintin Movie Toy Release"
What an abomination, is that the best they can do?
number1fan
#526 · Posted: 27 Apr 2011 08:51
I think this is a case of the company making a quick buck from the film.Its a shame they dont look so great.The way i see it something is better than nothing.
jock123
#527 · Posted: 27 Apr 2011 09:01
glendale:
Has anyone seen this new bit of info?

Yes, it’s actually not so new, having been around since ToyFair in January; it was mentioned and discussed here.
glendale:
What an abomination, is that the best they can do?

This reaction does surprise me - Mecanno is a venerable and world-wide brand; I don’t collect it myself, but I think that they’ve done a pretty good job within the format of the toy.
I’d go for these before the lead Pixi figures, for example.
Meccano’s also based in France now, so presumably they have a good knowledge of the Francophone market.
number1fan
#528 · Posted: 27 Apr 2011 14:30
Sorry to stray from the topic but i have hated the fact that for years there have been no Tintin toys for children.A child cannot play with a £100 pixi piece and the diecast cars are emotionless.I hope that there will be alot more figures and vehicles for children to play with.
glendale
#529 · Posted: 28 Apr 2011 00:59
Mmmmm, not sure if I fully agree with you Jock as Tintin is what it is and Mecanno is something else and I don't think the borders should be crossed. The fact that they have drifted across does not impress me. Mecanno is a great product on its own and I had it as a child.Yes they could do better with what you refer to as pixi figures although they are for the collectors and never designed to play with. I do agree with Number 1 that the kids have in a way been neglected and in order to secure the future interest of our kids better toys should be brought out at better prices. Kids these days associate better with figurines as dinosaur's and robots and like to use their imagination with those figurines and if they have a compliment of them with other bits and pieces like cars ETC they will create their own Tintin adventures after all Tintin is for ages 7 to 77.
jock123
#530 · Posted: 28 Apr 2011 08:06
glendale:
Tintin is what it is and Mecanno is something else and I don't think the borders should be crossed.

That pretty much rules out any merchandise then, other than the books, doesn’t it? It could also be applied to the very movie this thread is discussing…

I don’t see this as “drift”, any more than any other work derived from the books is: I just see it as an opportunity for anyone who is a Tintin fan to discover Mecanno, and for Mecanno fans to find Tintin.

If you are a Tintin fan who is a Mecanno fan, then obviously you’ve hit pay dirt!

I’m also not sure why figurines and cars (presumably pre-assembled) would be acceptable as a stimulant to imagination, but a creative and constructive Tintin-themed toy is beyond the pale?

I’d think that themed Mecanno is very much like themed Lego: you start with the jeep and the ’plane on the living-room carpet, playing your adventure, and then Tintin has Calculus build a flying jeep, or an amphibious car, and off goes the story in a new direction.

I’m also with number1fan on the lack of affordable “real” toys; I have asked Moulinsart in the past why merchandise aimed squarely at the child has been neglected, but have never had an answer that satisfies me.

Hopefully this is the starting point of a new era.

Page  Page 53 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  52  53  54  ...  64  65  Next » 

This topic is closed.