Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: The best adaptation of a book?

Triskeliae
#1 · Posted: 18 Apr 2008 03:11
In your opinion, which TV adaptations of the original Tintin stories are the best?

To me, the Ellipse-Nelvana TV adaptation of 'Cigars of The Pharaoh' is one of the greatest. The changes made there are very well justified. Also, 'The Secret of the Unicorn' rocks!
tintinagalog
#2 · Posted: 18 Apr 2008 11:18
Triskeliae
To me, the Ellipse-Nelvana TV adaptation of 'Cigars of The Pharaoh' is one of the greatest. The changes made there are very well justified.

Yes, I agree. In the comic book, it's quite hard to figure out why Tintin was arrested by Colonel Fuad and his comrades in Arabian army. The probable cause was clarified in the animated series: hollow cigars were used to smuggle opium.

I'm also glad that Tintin in America was revised in a better gang-pursuing manner than what is published.

But among all Tintin books revised to cartoons, I choose King Ottokar's Sceptre. Why? Simply, it's the episode I watched on December 1995 that convinced me to patronize Tintin. What I mean here is that it's the heroism I discovered from Tintin's personality that makes him deserved of my admiration.
Triskeliae
#3 · Posted: 18 Apr 2008 21:44
In the other hand, The Calculus Affair, from Belvision, passed from being an adaptation to become a Reinvention. I've watched most part of it through the official Tintin website, and I liked a few of the changes, but, still, they were too much!
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 19 Apr 2008 02:35
Cigars of the Pharaoh was actually one of my least favorite adaptations. I thought that they changed the look on the inside of the pharaoh's tomb too much for one thing. One of the introductory things at the beginning of each episode (while it plays the theme song) they actually show briefly that scene done right, but it was not so in the actual episode. In my opinion, the best adaptation was Flight 714. They changed the way the "astroship" looked, but the plot was almost all there.
Rianna Lauren
#5 · Posted: 7 Jul 2010 01:47
Ah - my favourite will have to be Secret of the Unicorn, King Ottokar's Sceptre, Black Island, Crab with Golden Claws, AND Red Sea Sharks. :3 They're awesome.
Cutts_The_Butcher
#6 · Posted: 18 Aug 2010 02:12
Moved from a duplicate thread.

which episode of the 1991 – 1992 Nelvana TV series do you think was the best?

i'd have to say either Seven Crystal Balls or The Black Island

Moderator Note: It’s best to do a search of the forums before starting a new thread, as there may be one on the same topic already; also, please use upper- and lower-case letters for your sentences when posting - it makes them easier to read!

The Tintinologist Team
Tintinrulz
#7 · Posted: 18 Aug 2010 04:27
I thought Tintin in America was the best, if controversial for what it excluded. The episode forgoes the cowboy and Indian part of the story to concentrate on gangster life in New York City. I've always liked that because I've never been a fan of westerns. I think this is the only episode that improves on the original books.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!