Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin: Would you like to see a Broadway/ West End-type show?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Triskeliae
#1 · Posted: 16 May 2008 17:04
I got the CD of Tintin and the Temple of The Sun musical in Dutch and it sounds amazing (even if I can't understand much of it)!

I would love to see that musical adapted to English and on stage on Broadway!

What do you think?
Little Mijarka
#2 · Posted: 17 May 2008 20:21
I would love the musical to get translated into English, just for the sake of being able to understand it completely. However, I would rather see it in London's West End, just because people over there are more familiar with Tintin and possibly would be more accepting of it. After the movie comes out in the US, maybe people will become more familiar and then I'd like to see it on Broadway. They'd have to cast someone who was actually familiar with the books as Tintin, though. Just so his acting would be even more genuine. Nice topic, by the way!
Triskeliae
#3 · Posted: 17 May 2008 21:25
Thanks! ;)
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 19 May 2008 23:44
That would be cool, considering I live not too far from New York City.
Triskeliae
#5 · Posted: 20 May 2008 00:12
To me, NY is nearer than England, but I do believe that London should be the first to introduce the musical. But that doesn't mean Broadway shouldn't follow suit!
tintinagalog
#6 · Posted: 20 May 2008 06:59
"Yes, I like that very much indeed!" --- Tintin (from "Seven Crystal Balls-- animated")

If you ask me, I'd prefer the Young Vic's version of Tintin in Tibet to be first portrayed onstage.
Triskeliae
#7 · Posted: 20 May 2008 19:33
Tintin in Tibet is onstage (or was) in London. That would be a great one to present on Broadway!

Again, with Tintin: De Zonnetempel . You can listen to a few of the songs in the official webpage of the musical: www.musicalkuifje.com
[Site no longer available, Internet Archive link requires Flash to play - Moderator, 21/08/2022]

I already adapted one of the songs to English: " De Zon" (The Sun). It's one of my favorite songs of the musical!
Triskeliae
#8 · Posted: 23 May 2008 15:50
...And I also adapted the song called " Kuifje en Bobbie" (Tintin and Snowy)! Now I can sing them in English at home!
Mirirocks67
#9 · Posted: 23 May 2008 21:37
Yes, I've listened to the soundtrack and is pretty good. Mayb we have to wait and Tintin will show in UK and USA.
Jeeves
#10 · Posted: 25 May 2008 04:14
I think that Castafiore Emerald would make a great play, and it could be easily turned into a musical

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!