Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

I wish the kept the Recaps on,The Dub

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 1 Jun 2008 16:57
I wish they had kept the recaps of Tintin you no whne there on tv at the start of the episode.On the DVD They seem to be to short atleast then it will add a few more minutes to an episode.We miss so much dialoge out in the english dub compared to the french one.The episodes will probabaly never get remastered or more added dialouge i wish somehow these could be put into the english dub.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 1 Jun 2008 18:32
number1fan wrote:
We miss so much dialoge out in the english dub compared to the french one.The episodes will probabaly never get remastered or more added dialouge i wish somehow these could be put into the english dub.

Why do you think that dialogue was missed out, Terry? The cartoons were made in English; the French versions had the language dubbed onto those - they don’t contain anything that wasn’t already in the English version. It could be that the French language requires more words to be used to contain the same information, but it doesn’t mean that they were getting anything extra.
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 1 Jun 2008 20:33
For Example in Prisoners of the sun when the inca tells the train conductor to make sure something happened to the carrige and would you dare disrespect the sun god ,something like that. it is not heard on the english dub on the french one it is.When Zorrino and tintin and haddock are shown before the go in the jungle zorrino says in french "now we go throught jungle then temple of the sun".There is so much extra dialouge for the french dub which it irritates me rather silly lol but it does.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!