Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

TV series vs books difference guide?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Tintinrulz
#11 · Posted: 24 Aug 2008 03:08
And the Nelvana version of Tintin in America is much better than the comic.
Yes, the Nelvana series is a favourite with kids and adults alike in Australia.
Revercub24
#12 · Posted: 26 Feb 2009 22:25
I was sparked into Tintin by the cartoon, the early 90s version. It wasn't a family favourite I don't think, but we knew it and we didn't despise it.

I do agree that the books are the original thing, the real genuine article. But the cartoons are okay - I do agree that Tintin's voice is a little high. I don't know what I was expecting, really, but I suppose... more manly but with a hint of youthfulness. Haddock's voice is a little strange too - I imagine it to be deeper.

But I might like or dislike the cartoon for either omitting or adding things in. For example, in Flight 714, Tintin tackles their captors but you don't see his face while he's doing it. But in the cartoon, you actually see his 'Haha! I'm going to get 'em' expression and it just adds to the mood.

So yes, I like both in different ways. The books are the jewel but the cartoon is something that a fanatic can fall back on. It sticks to the style of the art and, for the most part, to the plot.
BlisteringTyphoons
#13 · Posted: 30 Jun 2009 21:21
I am amazed that they managed to keep the style almost the same as the originals!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!