Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin: appearances on TV

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 30 Aug 2004 20:54
Not quite sure which forum to stick this in, but I thought it'd be good to have a thread to post when you see vaguely Tintin related stuff...

Here is the first...

30/8/04 - On todays episode of 'Cash in the Attic' on BBC1 one of the contestants was obviously a Tintin nut, he sported both a Tintin white t-shirt and a home knitted Tintin jumper. The program BTW is where people sell junk in their attic at auction to pay for a project.

Rik
Martine
#2 · Posted: 9 Oct 2004 23:50
There's a The Police music clip, in which Sting wears a knitted (I think?) sweater of the classic Tintin and Milou head logo. I asked my mom to knit me a sweater like that, and she's getting to it.
theone
#3 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 20:54
It says on this site that in one of the friends episodes one character is wearing a Tintin shirt. I want to see that episode.
Martine
#4 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 22:44
Could anyone specify the episode or season?

--
[Edited by Admin to keep content on topic.]
Richard
UK Correspondent
#5 · Posted: 11 Oct 2004 23:16
Could anyone specify the episode or season?

I'm not a massive fan of Friends (but I'll watch it if it's on and I don't have much else to do) - yet having a rummage around on the net, I think it's Season 6, "The One That Could Have Been", but not sure which part.

But I do remember Chandler's T-shirt.
Martine
#6 · Posted: 12 Oct 2004 02:24
Is that the episode where they wonder 'what if'?
finlay
#7 · Posted: 24 Oct 2004 12:22
Yes.
That was one of the earliest Friends videos I got, so I've seen it loads of times.
finlay
#8 · Posted: 4 Nov 2004 23:06
Why can't I edit my post???? I feel violated. (it says "Access Denied"!!!)

Just to update: it was shown the other day on Channel 4 and I can confirm that it's the first half of the double length episode The One That Could Have Been, that is Episode 15 of Season 6. It's the part where Chandler sells a story to Archie comics, then Joey comes in and apologises about getting angry about Chandler making him fresh-squeezed orange juice with pulp.

And the T-shirt is blue with a black outline of Tintin on it.

---
[Response from Admin: please see Help: can posts be edited by the sender?]
Martine
#9 · Posted: 4 Nov 2004 23:08
I caught that episode the other day! But d'oh, I just missed that part!! Maybe I can find that same shirt somewhere...
rastapopoulos
#10 · Posted: 4 Feb 2005 09:44
Tintin appeared twice in one day! Last Monday a 1992 Tintin jigsaw puzzle appeared on a car boot sale daytime program called Booty-something (cant remember the full name). The antique expert said the puzzle was worth £20-£30. I wish I hadnt ruined an 80s french one a family friend sent me!

The second appearance was on Hollyoaks. 2 of the characters were mentioned discussing Tintin, and the ending scene was the book Tintin in Tibet lying on a bed. It was used in a Tintin is 'sad' sense, and I think Moulisart should be onto them! Rubbish program anyway.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!