Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Voices used in the series?

Page  Page 5 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

skut
#41 · Posted: 5 Apr 2007 06:30
Here's what Wayne Robson, the voice of Calculus, looks like:

(link broken)
tintinagalog
#42 · Posted: 4 Apr 2008 12:44
Though it may sound boyish, Colin's voice has become music to my ears since I first heard him as Tintin on 1995 when it aired at GMA 7 in the Philippines. I memorized many lines from his dialogues in the series.

However, as I grow up to be a more matured listener, I realized that the pitch of Colin's voice is already quite high for the age (there were times like he's 'screaming' to someone standing just infront of him), and I learn to appreciate Captain Haddock's voice more than Tintin's. In fact, many of the Captain's classic lines become my favorite expressions

And... are Mr. Baxter (Destination... and Explorers...) and Lieutenant Delcourt (Crab with...) voiced by only one man?
Little Mijarka
#43 · Posted: 7 Apr 2008 00:22
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but not only did they give Tintin a North American accent, he is actually played by an Irish actor, and in some of the episodes, you can tell his true brogue leaks through. (Did anyone else ever notice that? I remember my friends and I cracking up over that for some reason, but I haven't seen it in awhile, so I'll have to get back on which episodes this can be found in.)

Also, was anyone else just a little sad that Milou never got any dialogue? Maybe they just figured it would make it seem too whimsical...
tintinagalog
#44 · Posted: 9 Apr 2008 04:15
How I wish that Snowy could speak like humans do. Besides, we're so used to see animated dogs that way. In the comic books, Snowy shares insights in words. But why does he only barks on TV?
Little Mijarka
#45 · Posted: 10 Apr 2008 06:50
It sort of took away from the relationship between Tintin and Snowy for me. Snowy is sort of the balance for Tintin's straight-and-narrow view of life. He's somewhat witty and even sarcastic at times, which I always found charming, and in complete contrast to Tintin. I was trying to think why that series seemed so empty to me and now I know why: Snowy didn't talk!
tintinagalog
#46 · Posted: 5 May 2008 06:53
Have you heard Colin O' Meara being the "Andrew" at the Sailormoon Episode 25: Too Many Girlfriends?
Content edited by Moderator
You, guys, are right. You know what, I really feel uncomfortable upon hearing "Andrew" falling in love, talking about girls,... knowing his straight character in Tintin.

Ahm... hope you get my point here. I simply can't explain it thoroughly...

Moderator Note: Please do not make reference in you posts about obtaining copyright material illegally; Sailor Moon is just as much protected as the works of Hergé, and tintinologist.org has to show it the same respect.
The Tintinologist Team
Little Mijarka
#47 · Posted: 6 May 2008 03:31
tintinagalog wrote:
Have you heard Colin O' Meara being the "Andrew" at the Sailormoon Episode 25: Too Many Girlfriends?

Yes, although I had never really heard of Sailor Moon (not into anime) until I researched Colin O'Meara. When I saw the episode, I closed my eyes and it sounded like Tintin saying "Meet my girlfriend..." and being all, well, sappy and it just seemed so surreal. . . and weird. Did anyone else feel that way if they have seen this episode?
Jeeves
#48 · Posted: 6 May 2008 04:57
I watched an episode online, and boy did I hate the voice acting. I first heard Tintin on the BBC radio plays and those were great, classicaly trained English actors. The TV seires on the other hand has Tintin sounding like a 4th grader, Haddock like some bad cartoon pirate, Calculus sounds like he belongs in a nut house, Wagg sounds he's been breathing in helium, and Bianca sounds like a Scottish man trying to play a woman!
Dupondt
#49 · Posted: 6 May 2008 16:12
The original French voice acting is great, very convincing.
cigars of the beeper
#50 · Posted: 6 May 2008 20:42
Tintin's voice was deeper than I dared to hope for. I was afraid that it was going to be like a little child's voice. Although, I don't think it sounds very good when he says "sorry". It sounds like "sawry". Maybe my accent just isn't used to that pronunciation, though.

Page  Page 5 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!