Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Symphonic theme to the series

EddieB
#1 · Posted: 20 Sep 2009 16:57
Hello all,

How fantastic is this?! Link removed

Eddie

Moderator Note: Sorry, Eddie, but we cannot have links to pirate material; the file to which you linked is simply someone ripping their copy of a soundtrack CD and putting it on the net, and for that reason, the link has been removed.
Please help us to keep this site up and running, and avoid linking to material like this in the future. Many thanks for your help,
The Tintinologist Team
EddieB
#2 · Posted: 21 Sep 2009 09:40
Ooh I'm sorry, I had no idea. Many thanks!
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 21 Sep 2009 14:16
I think the theme music of the tv series really epitomises Tintin and the nature of his adventures. I hope they do something similar, although full orchestra, for the movies.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 21 Sep 2009 22:22
I've heard both versions of the theme tune, but if I had to choose a favourite I'd opt for the TV version. I suppose the orchestral one is technically more accomplished (it's used on the remastered French DVDs) but I'll always have a soft spot for the original- fond memories of watching the cartoon when I was a child!
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 30 Sep 2009 21:59
Do the remastered DVDs realy sound any better? If so, I would like to own them.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#6 · Posted: 1 Oct 2009 12:35
number1fan:
Do the remastered DVDs realy sound any better? If so, I would like to own them.

I haven't seen the DVDs, although there's a German TV advert on a popular video-sharing website that uses the remastered footage. I'm not sure whether I can link to it, but it's been uploaded by the channel itself, KinoweltTV.

The picture is cropped to 16:9 but the quality itself is a significant improvement, being considerably clearer. Don't know about the sound on the DVDs as the advert's a German dub, but I seem to recall the remasters only having a French 5.1 soundtrack.
number1fan
#7 · Posted: 2 Nov 2009 20:08
Yes, I’ve heard the symphonic version, there seemed to be bits added into the music that I didn’t recall hearing before. Maybe it was on the French dub which, includes a lot more music and background noise and a bit more dialogue from other characters. Also Ray Parker jnr was the composer - is this the same guy who sang Ghostbusters?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!