Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Audio adventures of Tintin: The BBC Radio Series

Page  Page 2 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 8 Nov 2004 20:30
There are only the ten, I’m afraid, so you have the lot.

I seem to remember that Leo McKern was replaced by Lionel Jeffries for the second series... Oh, and I think Roger is “Limb”, not “Lim” - he used to write incidental music for “Doctor Who”...
Adam
#12 · Posted: 10 Nov 2004 13:19
Ah yes I think you're right, about both things.
marsbar
#13 · Posted: 26 Nov 2004 22:58
I spotted the CD boxset (Herge: The Tintin Collection - ten fully dramatised Tintin adventures) at Borders on Pitt Street Mall in Sydney yesterday. There was only one copy left, selling for AUD74.95.
See the Tintin Shops Directory - Australia for details.
jock123
#14 · Posted: 13 Dec 2004 11:14
From next Monday, 20th December 2004, at 13:30 GMT, BBC Radio 7 will be broadcasting repeats of their adaptations of “Tintin”.

BBC Radio 7 is a digital service available on the internet, so now is a good time to hear them if you haven’t already. They also offer a “listen again” feature, so you can hear the programmes at any time for the following seven days.

Update 20 Dec 2004: Oh no! “Tintin” appears to have been supplanted by “The Sittaford Mystery” if my on-line programme guide is to be believed!

It did appear in the “Radio Times”, but that gets printed in advance, so things do change, but it is disappointing!
Harrock n roll
#15 · Posted: 20 Dec 2004 12:47
Well it's listed in my edition of Radio Times as on at 1pm with Sittaford at 1.30pm - that's in 13 mins from now!!

-Edit-

We got "The Doomed Oasis". Ah well....
jock123
#16 · Posted: 20 Dec 2004 13:18
Either “The Doomed Oasis” is a *very* free adaptation of “Crab With the Golden Claws”, or it isn’t “Tintin”...

It’s Neville Shute, actually, and is quite enjoyable...
rollo
#17 · Posted: 27 Feb 2005 14:25
Just reading this and the post on the guide (passing through I'm afraid) - you seem to be unaware of the one-off special which has never been released...

Series 1 (Mid 1991)
1. The Black Island
2. The Secret of the Unicorn
3. Red Rackham's Treasure
4. Destination Moon
5. Explorers on the Moon
6. Tintin in Tibet

Series 2 (Early 1992)
1. The Seven Crystal Balls
2. Prisoners of the Sun
3. The Calculus Affair (Part 1)
4. The Calculus Affair (Part 2)
5. The Red Sea Sharks (Part 1)
6. The Red Sea Sharks (Part 2)

One-Off (Xmas 1992)
1. The Castafiore Emerald

The original series were c. 27-28 minutes, while the special was 50 minutes, starring Miriam Margolyes, and was broadcast on Boxing Day 1992 (repeated on either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day).

I've got it on tape somewhere, in passable quality…
r.
jock123
#18 · Posted: 11 Mar 2005 20:40
Good catch on the Emerald production, rollo; I’d never heard of it, and don’t seem to be able to locate anything on the web elsewhere about it, so a useful addition to the series info. Thanks!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#19 · Posted: 12 Mar 2005 13:48
Wow, I've never heard, nor heard of, a radio version of "The Castafiore Emerald". I'd love to hear it, though ! Does it star any of the other usual cast - Richard Peace, Andrew Sachs etc. ?
rollo
#20 · Posted: 12 Mar 2005 15:22
Yes, same cast except for Miriam Margolyes.

I've typed some info up, which I'll either email or post here in the next couple of days, and I'll dig my tape of it out next time I'm home (some time over Easter).

r.

Page  Page 2 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!