Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

"The Crab with the Golden Claws" (1947): Favourite movie moments?

snowybella
#1 · Posted: 25 Aug 2017 02:49
Continued from the "Tintin and the Golden Fleece: Favourite moments?" thread

If you've seen it (isn't there a DVD of it, and wasn't there a screening of it at one of the many Tintin exhibitions?), what are your favourite moments from The Crab with the Golden Claws film from 1947?

Mine are (in order they appear on the film):

* The opening music
* The drawing of Tintin and Snowy transforming into a puppet version of themselves
* Tintin's (or is it Snowy's?) funny squealing puppy noise as he runs away from the falling crate near the Karaboudjan (this scene is now one of my favourites, it cracks me up every time!)!! "Aaah ooaaah aaah ooaaah!"
* Snowy's voice on the deck of the Karaboudjan
* Captain Haddock's song on the pier
* Tintin and Captain Haddock singing the famed "Tralalalaitu!" song, and to quote another member in a thread here which I read some weeks ago (was it jock123 or Harrock n Roll who said this?), singing in "what looks like very dirty washing-up water"!

So, if you have seen it, what are your favourite moments?

snowybella

Moderator Note: A small thing, but your post has been edited to remove a suggestion of how to watch a pirate copy of this movie: it's available legally, so let's keep to that, shall we? Many thanks for helping us respect the copyright.
The Above Board Tintinologist Team
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 27 Aug 2017 03:00
Sorry moderators (about the "how-to-watch-a-pirate-copy-of-the-movie" thing), I was in a slight hurry when writing that and wasn't really thinking about what I was writing. By the way,

snowybella:
* The opening music* The drawing of Tintin and Snowy transforming into a puppet version of themselves

should be

snowybella:
* The opening music
* The drawing of Tintin and Snowy transforming into a puppet version of themselves

snowybella

Moderator Note: "No problem!" and "Fixed!" ;-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!