Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: "Tintin in America" - General discussion

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#11 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 21:32
There's something about that which has been bugging me for quite some time. On the DVD release of that episode, we see Tintin and Snowy rush out of the door, then straight to credits. However, when it was broadcast on TV years ago, I'm sure I remember them running out of the door, and then a scene of them running on the spot (the one from the opening titles). Can anyone confirm whether they've seen this, or did I imagine it ?
MoonRocket
#12 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 21:34
I think you're right -- it cuts to the scene of them running.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#13 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 21:35
I don't think it was on the Channel 5 (now five) version, but I couldn't confirm whether or not it was on the Channel 4 version, although I would assume they were the same.
OJG
#14 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 21:45
Cuts to the scene of them running? Which bit are you referring to? I don't remember it on the DVD.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#15 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 21:50
The scene wasn't on the DVD; Tintin receives the 'phone call and dashes out of the door with Snowy, and the credits roll. But in a version I saw (could have been the Channel 4 one) that scene cuts to one of Tintin and Snowy running on the spot in the spotlight, from the title sequence. Then the credits roll.

I'm just curious now as to whether the spotlight scene was a part of the original film from the studios, or whether Channel 4 added it in to increase the running time a bit (it looked like it had been taken directly from the titles, with the music that plays during the episode title screen).
OJG
#16 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 21:55
Thanks for clearing that up, Richard. It doesn't sound like it was part of the original recording to me or like it is 'canon' for the TV series.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#17 · Posted: 6 Mar 2005 21:57
I presume it was added by Channel Four - I'll have a look at my old videos taped from five, and see if it's there or not tomorrow.
Tintinrulz
#18 · Posted: 7 Mar 2005 00:08
I'd say it was Channel Four's doing. Here in Australia whenever it was shown on ABC all we saw was Tintin getting a phone call and him and Snowy rushing out the door. There was no spotlight scene after.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#19 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 19:30
Ok - I've just had a look at my Channel 5 tapes, and it's not there, it just goes straight to the credits, like the DVD version. I'd say it must have been a Channel 4 scheme to add running time, or something.
jockosjungle
#20 · Posted: 8 Mar 2005 19:42
Must say that you have a better memory than I do!

Can't really see the point of needing to add something on C4 surely they could have stuck another advert in

Rik

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!