Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: What story should Peter Jackson work on next? [Locked]

iluvtintin
#1 · Posted: 20 Oct 2018 05:59
If you haven't heard, Peter Jackson is thinking of ideas for the story of the Tintin sequel.
He doesn't know what adventure to do next, but most fans think he should do The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun so it can carry on from the last movie, and introduced the Professor.

Which story do you think Mr. Jackson should do next?
Aryan Tiwari
#2 · Posted: 22 Oct 2018 00:15
iluvtintin
There is a whole thread on this topic you can refer to that.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:42
Aryan Tiwari:
There is a whole thread on this topic

Hmmm... I thought that, but I can't seem to find it, or at least it's saying it's "unavailable" when I search and try to click through...

So I will leave this thread here at the moment, in the hope that Admin can find it again.
mct16
#4 · Posted: 24 Oct 2018 21:54
Herge once asked his friend Greg to write him a Tintin story and Greg wrote "The Thermozero".

After drawing a couple of pages, Herge decided to stick to his own storylines.

I've often wondered if the script survived in the archives and if it could be the basis for a film.

If we cannot get a book version of the "Thermozero" then seeing it as a film would be a good alternative.
jock123
#5 · Posted: 25 Oct 2018 19:26
mct16:
I've often wondered if the script survived in the archives and if it could be the basis for a film.

I'm sure we've had this discussion before, but my feeling is that the one thing we do know is that Hergé wasn't one for turning Le Thermozéro into a Tintin book; if anything it then seems to me that the chances of it becoming a Tintin film are less likely (not impossible, but diminished) by that initial rejection.

However the Jo, Zette and Jocko version *might* be a possibility to extend their series, along with Le Main Noir, should they ever get screen adaptations - especially as The Secret Ray is as about as likely to get a movie in its published state as Tintin in the Congo is.

mct16:
If we cannot get a book version of the "Thermozero" then seeing it as a film would be a good alternative.

Again not impossible, but I think a book is highly possible - it could chart the development of the Greg script, collect Hergé's pages and sketches, and then the De Moor work at reworking it for J,Z&J (only a little of which has seen the light of day), then the seemingly complete, if not to finished standards, revised version. That would be fascinating!
snowybella
#6 · Posted: 26 Oct 2018 00:56
You're right jock123 - there have been, to be precise, two discussions on Thermozéro - one about the books, and one about whether to release it.

Here is also the thread for La Main Noire.
jock123
#7 · Posted: 26 Oct 2018 13:32
...and as we now have access to the speculation thread with spoilers once more, this thread will be closed, and the discussion can transfer to there from now on. Please make any further comments over there.

This topic is closed.