Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Finding a particular Tintin Scene

MeHappy
Member
#1 · Posted: Yesterday 18:59
Does anyone remember this scene from a Tintin episode or movie?

I'm trying to identify a scene that I remember from many years ago. I think it may have been from a Tintin episode or movie, although I could be wrong.

A smiling Inuit man appears near their boat in the middle of the ocean, standing on a very small ice floe. He repeatedly says something that I remember as "Me happy."

Does this scene ring a bell with anyone? Even confirmation that nothing like this ever appeared in Tintin would be helpful.
Balthazar
Moderator
#2 · Posted: Yesterday 21:53
That certainly doesn't sound like a scene from any of the Tintin books. Tintin does travel into the arctic seas in The Shooting Star, but not to anywhere inhabited by Inuit peoples. I haven't seen many of the TV adaptations though, so I couldn't be definite about whether any of them departed from the books far enough to include the scene you describe. (Someone on here will know if it did!)

Inuit people and ice floes do however feature in one of Hergé's Jo, Zette and Jocko books, Destination New York – not exactly in the way you're remembering that scene, but I wonder if it's that book you're recalling, if you've ever read it? (I don't think those books were ever adapted for TV or cinema.)

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Reply

 Forgotten password?
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!