Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision: Sequence of release of series?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Muller
#1 · Posted: 9 Jul 2005 02:49
Can any one help me. I was wondering if any one knew the order of the stories when they were released. Which Belvision story was the first? In my country, the stories were in that order: Secret of the Unicorn, Racham's Treasure, Crab with the golden claws, shooting star, Black Island, Objective Moon and Calculus Affair the last. Then of course came The seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the sun, and finally Lake of sharks. Some one told me Objective Moon was the first Belvision cartoon to be made, is that true? At least it is very different in style.
Muller
#2 · Posted: 3 Aug 2005 01:25
I finally found out the sequence order. It's:

1. Objective Moon Espionage
2. Crab with the Golden Claws
3. Secret of the Unicorn
4. Red Rackham's Treasure
5. The Shooting Star
6. The Black Island
7. The Calculus Affair
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 5 Aug 2005 01:11
That’s interesting Muller. May I ask, which country was this the release order for or is this the order in which they were made? I’d also be interested to know how you found the info out, is it written in the Icelandic DVD?

Some one told me Objective Moon was the first Belvision cartoon to be made, is that true? At least it is very different in style.

Read the thread on The Calculus Affair film for more about this.

I believe Objective Moon was made in 1959 and The Calculus Affair/Case in 1965. Do you know any other dates for the others to go with your list Muller?
Muller
#4 · Posted: 5 Aug 2005 01:35
This is the release order in Iceland, like I've said before all the Belvision series was released on DVD and VHS here, including Prisoners of the sun and Lake of Sharks. I think its also the order in which they were made, just take a look at this webside: www dot geocities dot com/tintinmedia/belvision.htm

--
Note from Admin: Geocities closed in 2009 - the URL above no longer works.
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 23 May 2006 17:33
When I was talking to my mum about Tintin, she said that in about 1994 they showed the Red Rackham's Treasure Belvision movie on U.K. TV - does anybody remember this being on?
I know it's a long shot. I can't realy remember as I was only about 5 at the time.
BwanaBob
#6 · Posted: 14 Sep 2006 22:09
I saw these on USA television around 1968. They aired at the ungodly hour of 7am on a Saturday.

I'd love to see them again; I liked the voices better than the Nelvana-Ellipse English voices.
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 14 Sep 2006 22:17
I don't actually recall it number1fan, but it is more than likely to be true. More than likely to be at a lunchtime on C4, but I am only guessing.

R
jock123
#8 · Posted: 14 Sep 2006 22:25
number1fan
in about 1994 they showed the Red Rackham's Tresure Belvision movie

Actually I doubt it - I'm not sure that any of the Belvision cartoons were shown about that time because of the then recent release of the Nelvana cartoons; would it not be more likely that your mum saw a broadcast of one of these, and mistook it for the earlier version?

jockosjungle
it is more than likely to be true. More than likely to be at a lunchtime on C4

How did you come up with that idea, Rik?
labrador road 26
#9 · Posted: 15 Sep 2006 10:21
Could anyone please explain what this is, quoted from the above mentioned page:

"As a point of interest, in 1956, Belvision also produced two "semi-animated" films: King Ottokar's Sceptre and The Broken Ear."

Never before heard of these, do any know more about this?
jock123
#10 · Posted: 15 Sep 2006 11:33
labrador road 26
do any know more about this?

Yes, they were two black and white animations made using paper-cut outs which were based on the frames in the books; they were moved “live” during filming by means of tabs etc., just as you get animation in many pop-up children’s books (although the animation was only in two dimensions, nothing “popped-up”!). British TV had several series which used this technique, especially for children’s programmes - Captain Pugwash was one.

The BBC showed the B&W Tintins here in the fifties, so perhaps they were also broadcast in Sweden?

There was a documentary Belvision: la mine d'or au bout du couloir which showed a brief clip from one of them, and the effect was quite cute, if limited!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!