Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Flight 714: Rastapopoulos smoking Flor Fina cigars?

fourseven
#1 · Posted: 15 Apr 2005 05:49
Hi, just wanted to post my observtation that in Flight 714 from page 19 to page 21, Rastapopoulos is smoking a Flor Fina cigar with the sign of Kik-Oskh on the label.
You can see it most clearly on page 21, last frame.
Balthazar
#2 · Posted: 9 Jun 2007 16:12
I think you might well be right. In a few of the close-up shots, such as the bottom right-hand frame of p.21, I think the logo is maybe just discernible on the cigar band. I'd never noticed that before. I guess Roberto needs a bit of opium with his tobacco to get him through the stress of failing to squash that spider on p20!
Tintin Quiz
#3 · Posted: 10 Jun 2007 22:37
I never noticed it before, but I'm sure you're right!
I'm not sure all the cigars contained opium, though. Maybe the top layer in each box were normal cigars, put there to fool the narcs...?
Ranko
#4 · Posted: 11 Jun 2007 12:51
I've been having a good laugh at this. Remember by now he's had those cigars for quite a while. (Over 30 years at least) I'm imagining him surrounded by boxes of the things trying to offload them to anyone who will listen...
"Sponsz? It's Roberto here. You remember those cigars I had a while ago? Yeah, well I've still got a few and wondered if you'd like to... Hello?... Hello?... Diavolo! Now what am I going to do with these cigars... I know, I've got a plan. I'll need a small island, a fast jet and a millionaire. Allan? Come here a minute..."
mondrian
#5 · Posted: 11 Jun 2007 13:01
Over 30 years at least

But if the characters don't get older, how about the cigars? ;-)

On a more serious note, I'm sure not all the cigars contained opium. If you want to hide the drugs in order to smuggle them, you'd surely use an existing brand of cigars?
Ranko
#6 · Posted: 11 Jun 2007 19:00
mondrian
But if the characters don't get older, how about the cigars?

See, they are rubbish cigars. They can't even stay consistent to the plot! :-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!